Three Flowers

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Here are three flower shots from around and about the house and garden

I've never seen a double headed gerbera before :)

Comments, critique and general banter most welcome :)

1) Two Heads Are Better Than One

4510034293_1af02e6c75_o.jpg

2) Up Close and Personal

4510108309_5a80a13d93_o.jpg

3) Out Of The Gloom

4510035093_68a05352f3_o.jpg

the second is absolutely stunning, what settings/kit did you use if you dont mind me asking.

I've never seen a double headed one either - very pretty :) but I'm not sure about the background - it looks a bit patchy :thinking: was it meant to be black because it looks blue :thinking:

The second one is lovely and sharp (y)

And #3 is my pick, simple with lovely colours (y)

the second is absolutely stunning, what settings/kit did you use if you dont mind me asking.

Jonny - many thanks :) - this was using the 40D with the Canon 100mm f2.8 Marco, tripod mounted.

Exif data: ISO 500, Speed: 1/30 sec at f5.6 using natural light

I've never seen a double headed one either - very pretty :) but I'm not sure about the background - it looks a bit patchy :thinking: was it meant to be black because it looks blue :thinking:

The second one is lovely and sharp (y)

And #3 is my pick, simple with lovely colours (y)

Sorted Donna thanks (or it should be :)) I was using a handy blue/black folder - just not black enough - well spotted :)

Most grateful for your commetnts :D

#3 is my favourite! The promise of the bloom is all there and the background acts as a perfect foil, for me.

Thank you Tina, much obliged :)

Very beautiful, John. Especially that very special first one! (y)

I rarely comment on flowers but ...... stunningly good are the words that come to mind.

Love the 'mutant' gerb, have seen quite a few in my job but my favourite is the tulip, stunning.

Lovely John... the first is interesting and well shot, but it's the second that strikes me... stunning details.

Amazing pictures,did you photoshop the backgrounds in 1 and 2 to get them black or did you shoot against a black background?
Cheers

I rarely comment on flowers but ...... stunningly good are the words that come to mind.

Thats really kind of you Charlie, many thanks :)

Lovely John... the first is interesting and well shot, but it's the second that strikes me... stunning details.

Thanks John, much obliged :)

Love the 'mutant' gerb, have seen quite a few in my job but my favourite is the tulip, stunning.

Thanks for that Breezy...whats your line of work? :)

Amazing pictures,did you photoshop the backgrounds in 1 and 2 to get them black or did you shoot against a black background?
Cheers

RBHD1 thanks - I simply held a blue/black folder behind as I shot it and (following Donna's observation) I reprocessed by selecting the background and darkening it to blacken it more :)

Those are simply marvellous - the first two are my favourites. The lighting is very good - perfect I'd say (almost can't believe its natural ;)). Did you use some backgrounds on the first two or was it darkened in postprocessing?

Ooh how I'd love to say something exciting like a botanist travelling exotic places for undiscovered flora but I'm not - I'm a florist:)

Well I bet it has its moments nonetheless :) Think of all those marriages you save :D

Those are simply marvellous - the first two are my favourites. The lighting is very good - perfect I'd say (almost can't believe its natural ;)). Did you use some backgrounds on the first two or was it darkened in postprocessing?

Cheers Alexy :) As said above I just held a black(ish) folder behind the flower at arms length and selected and darkened a little in PP :)

Oh and trust me the lighting is very natural ;) - the first two were taken in our conservatory and the tulip in the garden. All taken 'as is' as it were :)

Oh these are nice, esp 1&2, know sweet FA about flowers, but I do like the light, it's gorgeous.

Les many thanks - I also know FA about flowers but they shoot well :D

#1 for me John but they all are great shots :clap:

Dave, Gary thanks a lot for your positive comments - and as said all lighting was totally natural :) I'm not good with lights so I leave it to nature :D

Back