Three Nooked Shaw Brook Waterfall Belmont NR Chorley Lancashire

Just Dave

In Memoriam
Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

John and I went waterfall hunting, we went to Three Nooked Shaw Brook Waterfall Belmont NR Chorley Lancashire, heres a shot of a Birch Polypore with a fabulous view of the Three Nooked Shaw Brook Waterfall, C+C Welcome

4073846927_c62f01eea8_o.jpg

And as a Triptych

4073846791_7fef958e36_o.jpg

Thanks For Looking

Dave

Sorry Dave does absolutely nothing for me. The shot doesn't show any detail in the fungus nor the waterfall, its very flat and boring.

Thanks Steveo, we all have our own opinions, I thought it was quite an interesting composition, I can see detail in the fungi/pine needles, and waterfall, maybe its coz its so small an image (y) I'd like to hear what other members think

Last edited:
I think it's a decent enough autumnal study - composition is okay - personally i'd have liked the fungi to be either a little higher or lower in frame (putting it's centre line on either of the 1/3's). I'm sure that at full res. there's plenty of detail as you say - but for me what makes it have a really seasonal feel to it are the shed pine needles on the top of the fungi, and down the bark of the tree (having spent a couple of hours riding around local woods yesterday and getting the bike encrusted with them!) All in all, i'd have been happy to have had this shot in the can.

Sadly, I don't think the tryptich works :shrug:

I think the composition is good but it lacks sharpness and agree it does look a little flat and over exposed

Hi Dave
I'll comment on the triptych.
I think the crops at either side are not adding anything to central image. I think it would work better if you zoomed in more to show more detail or used different angles of same shot from the same scene.

Thanks very much guys for your feedback it is much appreciated, (y) I did do a close up of the fungi Clicky Linky I've listened to your comments and when I go back in a few days I will try to put them to good use (y)

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

The triptych isn't really doing much for me either, but there's definitely something about the main shot. Absolutely love the colours in it.

Compositionally, I'd be tempted to go for a pano crop - just enough off the bottom to put the fungus on the bottom third (probably around the bottom of the waterfall)
I don't think you'd be losing too much interest in the foreground and (scrolling part way up the screen to see how it wold look) I think it would really draw the eye in and give more impact.

Thanks very much Sarah i do believe your right with the crop tried it and it looks good I tried always, but dint think of that crop, cheers, (y) (y) (y)

triptych was someone else's idea so I tried it

Last edited:
My eye isn't sure whether it should look at the waterfall, or the fungi. I like it for its colours. maybe try taking some steps backwards, still keeping the fungi in the shot, but focusing on the waterfall more. For me, the two side pictures in the tripych are better, as two seperate pics.

Paul

Dave, I like the thought behind the picture and some interesting features that catch the eye - did you take one with a larger aperture, focussed on the fungus to leave the waterfall and background slightly blurred - this might bring the fungus more into the foreground and help the eye focus on key elements of the compostion rather than trying to look at it all in one?

Dave, I like the thought behind the picture and some interesting features that catch the eye - did you take one with a larger aperture, focussed on the fungus to leave the waterfall and background slightly blurred - this might bring the fungus more into the foreground and help the eye focus on key elements of the compostion rather than trying to look at it all in one?

Thanks Buck I did try that but didnt keep it, I did a close up of the fungi though Clicky Linky

Back