Three Peaks Cyclocross

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
No
First time visitor to this event and just glad I was taking pictures and not participating a grueling event over 38 miles
a few pics from yesterdays event
winner-XL.jpg

IMGL1964-XL.jpg

Three%20Peaks%20Cyclocorss_20-XL.jpg

Three%20Peaks%20Cyclocorss_36-XL.jpg

Three%20Peaks%20Cyclocorss_84-XL.jpg

Three%20Peaks%20Cyclocorss_75-XL.jpg

cheers
Chris

I prefer the images with out the distraction of the spectators, the viaduct in the background makes for a great picture. I would be inclined to clone out as many spectators as possible.

I prefer the images with out the distraction of the spectators, the viaduct in the background makes for a great picture. I would be inclined to clone out as many spectators as possible.

I know what your saying about cluttered backgrounds but in this instance I wont be bothering cloning out all the spectators for a couple of reasons as it is a one off event the images are just to be tucked away in my gallery and not for any one else bar me
and I actually cloned out a fair bit of clutter and spectators - this was the Three Peaks race which is supposedly the biggest in the Country having no specatators in view would give the impression that it is a single rider out for a practice session

I am usually the first in saying move that Telegraph pole out of the head etc but I am happy that these are reasonably clutter free given the size of the event

Enjoyed viewing your photos. My son did the event for the first time this year, usually does triathlons and time trials ratehr than cyclo-cross. Tells me the event is gruelling - I am happy to take his word for it - I wiil be sticking to tarmac riding.

Particularly like #2, for me it captures the spirit of the event - fall off, ignore the pain, get back on and give all you have.

Enjoyed viewing your photos. My son did the event for the first time this year, usually does triathlons and time trials ratehr than cyclo-cross. Tells me the event is gruelling - I am happy to take his word for it - I wiil be sticking to tarmac riding.

Particularly like #2, for me it captures the spirit of the event - fall off, ignore the pain, get back on and give all you have.

Thanks Brian.. I took about a 100 images quite few of the riders were sporting cuts and bruises etc
what number was your son in the race although must add on 99% of the pics you cant see the riders number
check out my gallery of the race if you see your son give me a shout
http://eventphotographer.smugmug.com/Sports/Three-Peaks-Cyclo-Cross-2013/32195542_c4Vj2G#!i=2799316893&k=bhFrg77

Chris, I had a look through your race gallery. Didn't find my son (#246) but found some good images. Thanks for the link. Think I will have to get acroos to that side of Yorkshire next september with my camera. Of course, before that we have 2 days of the the Tour on our door steps !

I like these, especially the ones with the viaduct in the b/g. Looks like they had good weather, it must be attritional in the wet!
I'm also looking forward to two days in Yorkshire next July, cottage booked and race comes past the front door!

Back