Thrilling on some days - Stadiums

Name
Marc
Edit My Images
No
Last sunday I was out with my little boy. We actually wanted to watch a match but it startet 4 hours later so I was able to shoot some photos.

Enter the boredom
http://78seconds.de/pixelpost/images/20090302111513_bild 034kl.jpg
TSG Dülmen, playing in a league that is so low you´ll need to eat a bratwurst while watching the match to not fall asleep.

Thrilling on some days
http://78seconds.de/pixelpost/images/20090303143949_bild 071kl.jpg
DJK Dülmen, at least they´re on league up.

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules.
Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer #2 which seems to capture the spirit of football played in a lower league. The B&W adds to the image giving a sense of small clubs struggling in adverse conditions. Like them both.

Nothing special in the photos so you've made them black and white eh? And I find the text rather demeaning too.

Nothing special in the photos so you've made them black and white eh? And I find the text rather demeaning too.

I think that's a little harsh, to be honest. I'm sure I'm not alone in saying that I like black and white photography, and will often go out with the sole intention of capturing a good B&W image; it's not necessarily always a cover for a poor shot.

I actually really like the second shot, and don't think it would work in colour anywhere near as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing the 2nd pic in colour.

Thanks for the replies. I´ve just uploaded the original photo which is pretty boring.

bild071850.jpg

I like the processed version because it shows the stadium how everyone has seen it many times but the bw processing adds a different atmosphere to it.

I quite like the second one, too. You've done a decent job in making something out of nothing. It reminds a little of some of the desolate urbex-type shots we sometimes see on here.

:thinking::shrug:

I like them both but particularly No2. Having played football at a low level in my younger years, it captures the feel of the run down amateur stadium, if you see what I mean.

Last edited:
Back