Through my front window

Edit My Images
Yes
Went chasing after these a few weeks back with no luck, glance out of my office window this morning and there were 9 in the tree across the road.

I took these through the front bedroom window, unfortunately the sun was in the wrong place, and had I gone out it would have spooked them.

I was hoping they would return in the afternoon, they may tomorrow.

I tried a few through an open window but encountered issues with warm air movement effecting the image.

229_098.jpg

229_082.jpg

great shots, nice and clear i think no2 is my fav because of the warm colours, can you tell me what these birds are called please

great shots, nice and clear i think no2 is my fav because of the warm colours, can you tell me what these birds are called please

They are Waxwings, they visit us for the winter from Scandanavia, some years only a few, this year thousands of them :D

Nice shots Martyn. I’m coming round your’s tomorrow! :LOL:

They are Waxwings, they visit us for the winter from Scandanavia, some years only a few, this year thousands of them :D

Can you send a few of them my way then????

I like the way in no. 1 in which it looks like 1 of them is a mirror image of the other.

Two good captures Martyn, #1 is almost a mirror image. Hope you get some more chances, although work does come first you know :naughty:

Thanks folks, had to go to town this morning, when I got back there were 27 in the tree, by the time I had got to my camera they had gone ... still some fruit on the tree so with any luck they will return tomorrow ;)

Nice shots Martyn. Alway's a pleasure to see and photograph .

Good shots Martyn, I have to say that when I looked at no1, it looked like a mirror image to me too, overall no 2 is just about a favourite to me. Hope you get another chance, these pics are good to see (y)

Back