thruxton

Edit My Images
Yes
hi am going to thruxton next week for sidecars at bsb round just wounderd were best places to take photos thanks matt

I'd have thought the chicane or complex would be an ideal spot to capture rider and passenger hard at work,not that I've taken any bike pics though :confused:
As said though,the earlier the better

Chicane is the best spot I'd say. Get very busy on big events so get there early. Complex is alright, but you need a lot of mm and beware of a lot of clutter in the background. There's a few spots between the Complex and the banking going down towards Noble that you can shoot through the fence, just check Kelvin Burt isn't racing :D

The Campbell and Cobb Esses are worth a look, not normally as busy as the Club Chicane, although Club is the closest you will get.

I'll be going on the Saturday for the practise day. this year.

I say go to the complex (campbell, cobb, seagrave), walk past the big fencing and shoot back across to campbell, you should be able to get some decent shots of the guys leaning out of the side cars.
You'll need 200mm+to do this.
You should also get some shots as they go through seagrave.

Club chicane is okay, but you end up taking shots of the cars/bikes head on, which I always think loses the sensation of speed.

thruxton.jpg

another vote for the complex... the other issue with Club is that you need to stand on the track side incline and shoot down onto the bikes - that always seems to lose a sense of speed. IMHO anyway.

At least at the complex you can stand at ground level and shoot over the top of the fence. You will need 300mm to do it justice though - it's a big circuit.

youll need something along the lines of 300mm or more for bikes at thruxton to be honest.

unfortunately thruxton is limited to viewing only between club and seagrave/noble (going clockwise from club). with a 200 id favour club.

Back