Thumbs up to Ian Kerso (Flashcamera)

Name
James
Edit My Images
Yes
Just got a Canon 100-400 from Ian

The forum is full of good reviews so I was expecting good service

Just to confirm this was as good as it gets and got it super fast, so a big thank you to Ian!

Hi Guys, I am offering free shipping on all sales for month of August to all members. Use code FREESHIPAUG at checkout on my site www.flashcamera.co.uk Regards Ian.

Hi Ian,

I am considering buying an EF 17-40 F4L lens. As I need only one more "L" lens to qualify for the CPS, will an "L" lens purchsed from you allow me to do so?

Yes it will, I have had a lot of buyers do the same, I am out of stock until next week! Just sold last one 2 minutes ago.
Hi Ian,

I am considering buying an EF 17-40 F4L lens. As I need only one more "L" lens to qualify for the CPS, will an "L" lens purchsed from you allow me to do so?

Thanks for the quick response. I am away just now on an assignment, but I will check out your website when I return.(y)

Hi Guys, I am offering free shipping on all sales for month of August to all members. Use code FREESHIPAUG at checkout on my site www.flashcamera.co.uk Regards Ian.

New site is looking good Ian, if I was still with Canon I'd be sure to use it. Funny story I was at a wedding and sitting at the same table as your niece a few weeks back through in Fife, a small world!

Thanks, I appreciate your positive comments. I stock most brands except Nikon. Hope we can do business in the future. Regards Ian.

New site is looking good Ian, if I was still with Canon I'd be sure to use it. Funny story I was at a wedding and sitting at the same table as your niece a few weeks back through in Fife, a small world!

A word of support. I have bought several lenses and items from Ian and not once have I failed to be happy with the price and service. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend him and order from him again in the future (y)

I wish I'd known that last week:(
Good price and good service, but I found it strange that I had to pay you with PayPal because you don't accept debit cards...

I bought a 50mm nifty from Kerso and it all went through brilliantly. Looked to geta 70-200 f2.8 but at the time he wasn't VAT registered so I couldn't claim it back which made it a lot more expensive than a UK supplier who could provide a VAT receipt.

Ian - are you VAT registered now (as I see some pros are using you) ?

Garry, I do accept credit cards on my website, I think your bank had possibly blocked payment?
I wish I'd known that last week:(
Good price and good service, but I found it strange that I had to pay you with PayPal because you don't accept debit cards...

Hodders said:
I bought a 50mm nifty from Kerso and it all went through brilliantly. Looked to geta 70-200 f2.8 but at the time he wasn't VAT registered so I couldn't claim it back which made it a lot more expensive than a UK supplier who could provide a VAT receipt.

Ian - are you VAT registered now (as I see some pros are using you) ?

I've asked the same question twice, still no reply.
Maybe this time? How can you be based in the UK, turnover is above the Vat registration level, and not have to charge Vat or provide a vat receipt?

Garry, I do accept credit cards on my website, I think your bank had possibly blocked payment?
No, that wasn't the question, I was asking about debit cards, My bank had no reason to block it.

I've asked the same question twice, still no reply.
Maybe this time? How can you be based in the UK, turnover is above the Vat registration level, and not have to charge Vat or provide a vat receipt?

Ian probably feels that his business details are not our concern - also how do you know what his turn over is ?

I do accept debit cards but through my site! You asked if you could call me over the phone, I don't have the facility to take card details personally they must be done through my site. Paypal process all card payments there. Regards Ian.

No, that wasn't the question, I was asking about debit cards, My bank had no reason to block it.

Thanks Pete, I will reply to you as we seem to be on same wavelength. I dislike the way some other members ask questions thinking they are above the rest of us. Does that member asking re VAT not think I would be VAT registered in UK if I could be. I could make a fortune! Cheers Ian.
Ian probably feels that his business details are not our concern - also how do you know what his turn over is ?

Ian,

I really hope you didn't infer that my post was a negative one - I'd love to use you more and if you could provide UK Vat receipts your prices would be even better to any other UK vat registered business.

Ben, I wish I could claim VAT back as it costs me a lot. I am based in Scotland but registered as a business in USA so its a no go I am afraid. Ian.

Ian,

I really hope you didn't infer that my post was a negative one - I'd love to use you more and if you could provide UK Vat receipts your prices would be even better to any other UK vat registered business.

kerso said:
Thanks, I appreciate your positive comments. I stock most brands except Nikon. Hope we can do business in the future. Regards Ian.

What's wrong with Nikon?

FWIW, all that I bought from Ian last week was LR4 software which, even though I can't reclaim the VAT, worked out not much more than it would have cost me from a VAT registered seller on Ebay/Amazon. I knew that I was paying slightly more, but it doesn't matter to me because I know that it will be genuine and because I know that the customer service will be there if I ever need it.

Same goes for the few other things I've bought from him over the years, such as memory cards, mainly from Ebay.

IMO sometimes it's worth spending a little bit more for the peace of mind, also I think it's a good idea to support the people who have been involved in photography for years, rather than dealing with the pile-it-high-and-sell-it-cheap merchants who have no real involvement with photography and no loyalty to their customers.

Hi Ian,

Do you know when you will be getting more stock of the Canon 55-250is Mk1 please?

Thanks
Jason

Back