Thunderbolt cables

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi to all I have recently bought a MacBook Pro with four thunder bolt sockets only, and all my pheripials ie my hard drive ,camera ,card reader all have different usb connections is there a multi purpose one that you have used and recommend or am I better off purchasing different ones for different products thanks

Get a hub that has normal usb inputs on it.
I use this one.

Has a card reader too which is handy

Make sure you don't buy a thunderbolt cable to solve this problem, as it possible wont work and will cost far more than necessary. The port on your Mac (the physical shape) is a USB-C port, which has thunderbolt technology enabled, however I would bet all of your external devices are USB only. The above USB hubs will solve your problem, but if you simply want a cable to connect your current devices to your mac, you just need a USB-C to USB-A adapter such as https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01COOQIKU/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_fwYFFbG4WQ747

hth

Great info that couldn’t find elsewhere Thankyou so much it kick starts me into learning

The cable you previously used for the camera will plug into the above adapters, if you don’t have one, I expect it is a Usb a to micro usb cable you need

The cable you previously used for the camera will plug into the above adapters, if you don’t have one, I expect it is a Usb a to micro usb cable you need
that's how it worked thanks........ I bought the one recommended by TCR4x4 and its grand works as it should thanks to all for your help I'm flying along now

Back