Thundersport GB - A few from Oulton Park

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Having spent the weekend at Oulton Park, I thought I'd share a few from of the shots I got. I've only put a few up but if anyone can be bothered there's more on my Flickr. This is my second go at this so all C&C is welcome.

I thought I'd see how slow I could go (1/60)
Oulton Park 2015 June 27, 2015 6704_.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Oulton Park 2015 June 27, 2015 6454_.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Oulton Park 2015 June 27, 2015 6131_.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Oulton Park 2015 June 27, 2015 6105_.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Oulton Park 2015 June 27, 2015 6094_.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Oulton Park 2015 June 27, 2015 6004_.jpg by Chris Heathcote, on Flickr

Pretty decent set for second time out Chris. #1 doesn't really do it for me, good pan but quite a lot of dead space in not the most interesting part of circuit although I appreciate you were trying something different to the close ups I always seem to end up with ! I must try harder !
#2 is another good pan with a nice angle on the bike. #3 & #4 are good shots with #4 being my favourite of the set, like the composition, nice sharp focus on leading bike and good detail in riders face. #5 is nice and sharp & catches concentration well, highlights a bit blown and a tad slower shutter would have given a bit more movement in the wheels. Not sure about the last one, good knee down action on bike 50 but my eye gets drawn to oof 73.
I'm no expert, just my opinions.

Thanks for taking the time to comment Neil. All hints gratefully received. I know what you mean about the last one. In both the first and the last shots, they were challenging for the lead. I was trying to catch the focus on the challenging bike to show the story a bit more. Still not sure if I achieved it

Back