Thurne Pump - This morning

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
No
First time taking a photo of this pump pre sunrise. Was hoping for a little more drama in the sky which would have made for great reflections, but as you can see that didn't materialise.
Nevertheless I still like this peaceful scene even without any clouds.

Thurne Sunrise by Neil.A., on Flickr

Wow, just looked at this on Flickr, thats such a nice shot, crisp and clear, ok some clouds would have helped but even without them its still a cool shot, and is that a little vignetting I see?

Hi Graham, tiny bit of vignetting, but such an open scene needed a little!
Appreciate your comment
Stu, yeah, I've got a cropped pano, but it looks slightly uncomfortable, I think the space with the colour helps it along.....almost like its waiting for the clouds to come along!
Appreciate your comments all.

Apart from the central placement horizon wise. ..I like it very much.

Very serene image Neil and lovely colours. Will take my life in my hands and disagree with @viv1969 and say that the central horizon works well because of the reflections although there is some dark space at the bottom that could be lost :)

Very serene image Neil and lovely colours. Will take my life in my hands and disagree with @viv1969 and say that the central horizon works well because of the reflections although there is some dark space at the bottom that could be lost :)

It really is a preference peculiar to me I think.
I find that 50/50 s***s like this resemble rorschach tests :LOL:

Thanks, now I'll never be able to look at one of these images in the same way again :LOL:

Great colours and such still water! It is a calming image

Oh god...I meant shots! !!

I like the scene - lack of clouds don't bother me - it helps with the serenity, as does the central horizon - calms the image down.

Like others I think it's a lovely calm image but agree a panoramic crop would suit too ;)

A shot to be proud of Neil.

Lovely muted tones and a strong reflection work well with the clear sky.

Back