Tiger, Otter and a penguin...

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
took these at Chessington, the focus is off, the lightings terrible and the framing crap, but its the first serious bit of camera action ive had for some time, so im not THAT unhappy..

IMG_6345small.jpg

IMG_6361small.jpg

IMG_6366small.jpg

IMG_6390small.jpg

IMG_6414small.jpg

Comments welcome, and any tips on getting exposure and metering would be good too...:banghead:

Not that unhappy! most of us would be over the moon with that collection. For smaller subjects i like spot metering, but for the likes of the first view of the little cat, maybe centre - weighted may have been better. With spot metering I have found that I have been fooled by it concentrating on say a light tellow patch or a dark stripe giving widely varying exposures.

Nice series of shots there Matty. I like the first two, but the second one has better eye contact which imo makes for a better shot. Looks like a fun day!

Cheers,

Jewel:)

I personally like the second image best...... how about cropping the wood out so that you just have a full face tiger?

cheers chaps(and chapesses)i will have a fiddle with cropping but its not quite sharp enough i dont think, i missed the focus spot by a few inches there i reckon, and its through glass too which is why the cats all look a bit washed out i think

ppp yes is world of adventure, nice day it was too. Got more of the scrapping cheetahs, will have a look at them tonight

The cat shots are nice but think the otter is a good shot. Can't help with the exposure thing other than to say what Steve mentioned a while ago....shoot to the right of the histogram using expo compensation checking the histogram to make sure you don't over expose.....don't know how effective it would be considering shots like these don't give much time for altering settings.

you got some nice shots there matty thanks for sharing...

cool i drive past there everyday to go to work in Surbiton, may have to stop one day and take the camera.

Numbers 1 and 3 for me dude. I'm the same as you alas and am never entirely happy with my shots. Were these shot as raw? If so, I'm sure the exposure/shadow problems could be rectifiable!

Gandhi said:
Numbers 1 and 3 for me dude. I'm the same as you alas and am never entirely happy with my shots. Were these shot as raw? If so, I'm sure the exposure/shadow problems could be rectifiable!

nope, for my shame i didnt. I have bee shooting raw when i do stuff at home but for some reason didnt...:banghead: :getmecoat

meh, shouldn't worry tooooo much. I do the same sometimes. I must admit, if it's not a critical shot then these days I tend to use jpegs and just bracket. 3x3Mb as oppsed to 15Mb+3Mb. :banghead:

Back