Tillie (natural light)

you take some wonderful shots Rosco - makes the investment in my 5k Retina really worthwhile

Absolutely stunning!

Another lovely image, keep 'em coming Ross

Superb.

Lovely image. Natural light takes some beating when it's used well. Lighting is the key.. always will be.

you take some wonderful shots Rosco - makes the investment in my 5k Retina really worthwhile

It's only 1020 pixels across... would look as good on any quality screen whatever resolution :)

This is beautiful. Love some natural light. :)

Yep really like this too and and enjoyed your recent uploads.
I struggle to see/use window light like this. I can't seem to get the the soft graduation like this.Would you say positioning of me or/and the subject is key ? I realise cloudy/overcast/diffused//north facing windows (wherever you find them) are needed. I still seem to get too contrasty light.

Gaz

Yep really like this too and and enjoyed your recent uploads.
I struggle to see/use window light like this. I can't seem to get the the soft graduation like this.Would you say positioning of me or/and the subject is key ? I realise cloudy/overcast/diffused//north facing windows (wherever you find them) are needed. I still seem to get too contrasty light.

Gaz

Yes either find a North facing window, or at least a window that does not have direct sunlight coming through. An overcast day is perfect. But the key (for me) is to shoot along the line of the window - therefore the light is coming in at 90 degrees, across the front of the subject. Think in terms of using the 'light' from the window, but not the window itself. Hope this helps.

A very nice portrait again Rosco.

I'm another who has been enjoying some of your recent uploads.

Yes either find a North facing window, or at least a window that does not have direct sunlight coming through. An overcast day is perfect. But the key (for me) is to shoot along the line of the window - therefore the light is coming in at 90 degrees, across the front of the subject. Think in terms of using the 'light' from the window, but not the window itself. Hope this helps.
Thank you I will try this out when I next get the chance.

Gaz

Back