Tilt-shift - 1st go

I think its partly do do with the fact that there's nothing specifically "human sized" to give the illusion a bit more of a reference point...

Stunning view though - I could feel my Vertigo kicking in as soon as I looked at the original shot!

Good point re the human sized subjects.

I was wondering if it was to do with the more oblique angle of this pic as opposed to others i've seen which tend to be looking down but not quite so steeply.

Hi Rich

Good effort but for me the 1st isnt quite right for tilt shift, its hard to explain, what I mean, I think if the shot had cars/buses/boats/people in shot it would look better as with the buildings theres no sense of scale so the miniaturization isnt quite as apparent if you get what I mean, and I think the 2nd shot suffers from simalar, thats just my opinion Im not saying that they arent good efforts because they are (y)

Last edited:
Thanks for all your comments guys. I'm much happier with the second one.

There were just me playing about with shots I had already taken not really with tilt shift in mind. Will have to go out and take some with that more in mind when composing. I will post up any future attempts.

Back