Tim

Edit My Images
Yes
'I am as clean as I have ever been - I feel better'

'I only have three copies of the Big Issue left'

'They are letting me down as they cant supply enough'

'There are 120 vendors in Bristol alone'

'Can you buy me some dinner?'

I'm not sure why, but I like this one more than the others I've seen. Admittedly the technique isn't my cup of tea. That's not to say that the pictures are bad; far from it. But this one stands out for some reason. Maybe it just has that right combination of balance, color, composition, whathaveyou.

Very cool.

-monkey

Well I quite like it too ... it is not quite so 'in your face' as some of your shots Diego ... (y)

And I do prefer the fuller face type of shot like this one ... though I'm not 100% sure about the processing ... but it's not as far gone as some ... :thinking:

However ... the burning question is ... :p

Did you buy the dude his dinner ... :naughty:

Not a bad set of shades for a Big Issue Vendor either ... ;)

Well, the picture reflects his upbeat mood and the fact he feels clean. Hopefully the picture has the look and feel - I mean look at his eyes.

And yes, I did buy him dinner :) and give him some of my money.

Nice chap.

Diego Garcia said:
I did buy him dinner :) and give him some of my money.

Nice chap.

Sort of knew you would have done ... bet he thinks you is a nice chap too ... good on you m8 ... (y)

Venomator said:
Sort of knew you would have done ... bet he thinks you is a nice chap too ... good on you m8 ... (y)

Thanks. Out of interest do you consider my stuff to be OTT or in your face? I will be honest and say thats what I like and what I think I do best but opinions are welcome. I really cant motivate myself to shot trees and mountains but peple interest me. Does that make sense?

Diego Garcia said:
Thanks. Out of interest do you consider my stuff to be OTT or in your face? I will be honest and say thats what I like and what I think I do best but opinions are welcome. I really cant motivate myself to shot trees and mountains but peple interest me. Does that make sense?

What you do is sensitive and a style unique to you Diego ... ;)

It is rarely, if ever OTT ... :nono: When I said 'in your face' I was simply referring to the closeness or fullness of the subjects face in the frame ... and not referring to the OTT side of the expression ... sorry if that misled you ... :(

You are very fortunate ... you know what you like doing and produce some first class results from doing it ... (y)

One only has to look at your work to see the passion and involvement you have, and still are developing ... :clap:

And, to boot you are entertaining many people on this forum alone by sharing those moments with us ... I am sure others, like me feel privileged to watch your style and quality developing m8 ... so keep 'em coming I say ... :clap:

Sorry ... didn't mean to witter on quite so ... :p

Venomator said:

What you do is sensitive and a style unique to you Diego ... ;)

It is rarely, if ever OTT ... :nono: When I said 'in your face' I was simply referring to the closeness or fullness of the subjects face in the frame ... and not referring to the OTT side of the expression ... sorry if that misled you ... :(

You are very fortunate ... you know what you like doing and produce some first class results from doing it ... (y)

One only has to look at your work to see the passion and involvement you have, and still are developing ... :clap:

And, to boot you are entertaining many people on this forum alone by sharing those moments with us ... I am sure others, like me feel privileged to watch your style and quality developing m8 ... so keep 'em coming I say ... :clap:

Sorry ... didn't mean to witter on quite so ... :p

Thanks, not misunderstood but cleared up anyway. I always appreciate the feedback. I think its a case of learning all the time and my goal of a shot a day however random or a person has helped me improve so much. My next goal is to get on a CS2 course somewhere. :)

Diego Garcia said:
I really cant motivate myself to shot trees and mountains but peple interest me. Does that make sense?
(Only speaking for myself here)...
I completely understand what you mean. I've never liked taking photographs of people. I'm much more at home with the trees and mountains. As has been said, you have a unique style, and your style is executed well.

It might not be a style that particulary suits one person's taste, but we can certainly appreciate the effort and thought that goes into each photo.

-monkey

Big thumbs up from me for this one, processing works well IMO. Feels like I'm looking at a memory rather than a photo.

Back