Time For A Film Meet?

Name
Andy Grant
Edit My Images
Yes
I jolly well think so. :D

Ideas and suggestions welcome. :banana:

We did discuss trying something around the mythical licorice fields in order to entice a certain cycling tog out (ie our illustrious mod Mark). However all ideas are welcome, no reason why we can't organise more than one meet at a time.

Andy

No Paul that's not how it works....:confused: We have to have many suggestions of places, times and dates and narrow it down until only 4 people can attend 2 of whom won't make it on the day. :naughty:

Ok how about a side excursion to ummm do some planning and beer drinking?

I can't do anything until the 1st of February, so that date or after will do me (y)

A meet up sounds ace, I don't get much time for myself without kids though so it will be hit and miss with what dates you go with.

I was thinking sometime from mid-Feb to mid-March as I'm pretty busy until then and I'm very important and no meet will be a success unless I'm there...honest its the truth.o_O

Good idea. Needs to be somewhere with a few things within walking distance of each other so there is plenty to see :)

I vote for before the 1st Feb then! :D

giphy.gif

:D

If you look up predictable in the dictionary, there's a picture of you...

I can't do anything until the 1st of February, so that date or after will do me (y)
I can't do anything after the 3rd feb so that pretty much leaves the 2nd (y)

I jolly well think so. :D

Ideas and suggestions welcome. :banana:

We did discuss trying something around the mythical licorice fields in order to entice a certain cycling tog out (ie our illustrious mod Mark). However all ideas are welcome, no reason why we can't organise more than one meet at a time.

Andy
I was thinking the same thing the other day.
Bearing in mind the places we have been over the last couple of years I agree we should try and get to the licorice fields, partly just to prove that Mark does actually exist and is not just a computer generated mod. I'd also like to suggest Norfolk/Suffolk as we haven't been East at all yet.
Other destinations I think would be worth a visit but will take a little more organisation and notice are the aforementioned coach trip to Asha's manor in the south of France, a weekend trip to Dungeness, if we could combine that with a weekend when the sound mirrors are accessible so much the better and finally a day trip to Paris, if you book early enough Eurostar tickets can be picked very cheeply, although I'm not sure the French capital is ready for a bunch a film camera wielding and beer drinking Brits.
I'd also like to think we can fiit in some more classic landscape meets as well.

France could be cool !

I could bring the wife along

Stratford on Avon?

I like the sound of dungeness for a meet. It is an awesome place, just otherworldly and wierd. Never done Norfolk/Suffolk either apart from when I cycled to Dunwich...

As for oop north, I have no problem with that but it is logisitcally a little more tricky. Some lovely places to photograph mind you!

And just to add another destination to the list, I know it's down south and a bit of a trek for those north of Watford but Arundel is a perfect day trip destination. Easily accessible from London it has a castle, a wetland centre for those that are of the twitchy persuasion, its very own brewery and last but not least the wonderful Arundel Photographica, an Aladdin's cave of all things filmy.

I like the sound of dungeness for a meet. It is an awesome place, just otherworldly and wierd. Never done Norfolk/Suffolk either apart from when I cycled to Dunwich...

As for oop north, I have no problem with that but it is logisitcally a little more tricky. Some lovely places to photograph mind you!

Me also +1 for Dunwich - and I suspect a similar +1 from Adrian too.

Reactions: Jao
will keep an eye on this, if I'm not working sounds good to me! can do anywhere within a few hours of Swindon no problems :banana:

Depending on day,(weekend), I could well be up for this.. Missed the last few by not being around enough!

So does it have to be the one meet... why not a meet day with reasonably local venues. Perhaps even set a theme shot comp for the day also, so more can get involved around the country/world as well? Thinking then of five "mini meets" (north, south, east, west, central) with the themed shot idea linking the five. Those that cannot make a meet can still participate with the themed shot bit but they must shoot on the day. The theme should be chosen to be open to as wide an interpretation as possible to allow various venues to not inhibit possible shots.

So does it have to be the one meet... why not a meet day with reasonably local venues. Perhaps even set a theme shot comp for the day also, so more can get involved around the country/world as well? Thinking then of five "mini meets" (north, south, east, west, central) with the themed shot idea linking the five. Those that cannot make a meet can still participate with the themed shot bit but they must shoot on the day. The theme should be chosen to be open to as wide an interpretation as possible to allow various venues to not inhibit possible shots.

As long as the theme is something that can be shot inside a pub we'll be fine!

I'm not too sure a rigid 'must shoot' theme will work too well to be honest, personally speaking meets for me are much more about meeting people and having a laugh than being serious about photography (which is why most seem to end up in a pub rather quickly), but naturally I'm only speaking for myself there. :)

I am not saying a theme for the whole meet, just an idea that would bring them (the meets) together with something in common on the day. Hence the theme being as wide open as possible. Eg."wave" could be seaside, sports stadium, railway/bus station, etc. One pic taken on the day is all that's needed, simples.

I am not saying a theme for the whole meet, just an idea that would bring them (the meets) together with something in common on the day. Hence the theme being as wide open as possible. Eg."wave" could be seaside, sports stadium, railway/bus station, etc. One pic taken on the day is all that's needed, simples.

Maybe see what the general consensus is. :)

There is only one theme for film meets. It's anything you can get on film. Works for me ;)

Reactions: PMN
Very keen for a meet, as always :) can do any date I believe. Like the idea of Arundel, and there is also petworth park not a million miles away as well.

Very keen for a meet, as always :) can do any date I believe. Like the idea of Arundel, and there is also petworth park not a million miles away as well.

That'll be one hell of a train journey down!

Back