Time for a new monitor...

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,

At the moment I have a 17" Samsung LCD, which, while it still does a good job for regular computer use, is some what lacking when it comes to post processing work in Lightroom an Photoshop.

I'm looking to replace it with something around 22" widescreen and also purchase a Huey Pro to calibrate it.

Has anyone got any good recommendations?

TIA.

A Samsung of any sort at the size you want is probably the best out there.

22" Samsung Pebble

22" Samsung 226BW

22" DELL 228WFP

Very recently got the 20" Pebble, lovely (y)

Possibly a stupid question I know, but are some monitors easier to calibrate than others (with the Huey) or is the calibration done in software?

Possibly a stupid question I know, but are some monitors easier to calibrate than others (with the Huey) or is the calibration done in software?

I've just got a huey (basic model)
Install software, follow instructions and place it against screen. It does some colour tests and creates a monitor .icc profile. Lets you see before and after. Bingo. Job done!

Took all of 2 mins or so

Calibration is done via software

My vote goes to Dell or Apple Cinema Display if you have the cash

Calibration is done via software

My vote goes to Dell or Apple Cinema Display if you have the cash

Neither of which actually manufacture LCD panels so I shan't be parting with my hard earned just for some marketting spin.

Thanks anyway, I'l take a look.

I had an Acer a year or so ago and thought it was terrible. Bad colour, bad contrast.

I have 2 19" Dells, they are really good.

Ive had problems with a few of the lower end models but the colours on this gamers monitor is superb and its form argos so you have a 16 day money back on it :D

Although Dell and Apple do not manufacture panels they are both big enough customers to be able to demand panels of certain specs including NO dead pixels etc etc. These panels CAN be made specifically for the company and not sold to others.

I have a Dell 24" monitor and it is simply stunning. I was going to get the 30" monitor but decided to get two 24" instead then when it came to buying the second monitor I decided to get my wife a D40x instead!

Look on ebay for a 2407wfp you can get them with full 4 year on site warranty delivered to your house for £325 inc VAT

I got 2 19" Dells ones for about £400 a few years ago, pretty good deal when I bought them.

Another vote for Dells monitors. Ive got a Dell2405 and its easily the best thing ive ever bought for my computer. Looking at the price of them now im tempted to buy a couple more just for the sake of it. Id actually like to replace my Xerox XA192i with two Dell 2001FP screen to flank the 2405.

Edit; I think the Dell 2405 uses an AU Optronics panel, so it far from marketing spin. Id only ever consider replacing my monitor if it was for something like a Lacie or NEC and even then id think twice about it.

I've got a Dell 2407 and its very impressive inc the 4 year warrenty.

Another Vote for Dell here (y)

Back