Time for another game of... what the hell is that?

Name
Mads
Edit My Images
Yes
Yep, I'm back with another inane question. I got another enlarger and with it came some stuff, old paper (some of which I'll be passing along, I've not enjoyed using graded paper so far) and these things.

I'm figuring the big thingy is a contact printer though I've no idea how you'd put anything under the date and subject bits

20220122_125539.jpg

but what the hell is that envoy thing?
20220122_125507.jpg
Its sort of spring loaded from the back.

Over to you, hive mind of F&C

The top thingy is a Paterson contact proof printer, minus a lot of the part (well, it seems, ALL of the part) that held the negatives. When used as built and intended, the negatives were contact printed with the Subject Date etc. as headings to write on; frame numbers (if 35mm) appeared with the strips. Mine are filed with the negative sheets so I can find a negative pretty quickly.

The second might be a negative carrier for an enlarger (Envoy made them, as I recall) or it could be contact printing frame. Can you supply an approximate size, and is the back hinged?

Last edited:
The top thingy is a Paterson contact proof printer, minus a lot of the part (well, it seems, ALL of the part) that held the negatives. When used as built and intended, the negatives were contact printed with the Subject Date etc. as headings to write on; frame numbers (if 35mm) appeared with the strips. Mine are filed with the negative sheets so I can find a negative pretty quickly.

The second might be a negative carrier for an enlarger (Envoy made them, as I recall) or it could be contact printing frame. Can you supply an approximate size, and is the back hinged?
Its somewhere around 6x4, not hinged, held in place with a sort of curved spring arrangement.

Having another look, definitely not a negative carrier - if it were, it would be see through!

Its a print easel I think
You slide the paper in to the frame, do your enlarger exposure and when developed it has a neat border around the edge.
Like a Ganz SpeedEzEl

Always got my eye out for 10x8 one these but they're nearly always in the US, watching a few now but they're all over there.

10x8 ?? …..Slacker!, a man of your caliber should be up with the big boys by now , 20x16 at least :p;)
:p

16 x 12 is my default, so 12 x 12 effectively on my 120 squares..:(, its as big as I can go with this enlarger without fannying about with spinning heads and floor projection.
Its "other" people that like 10 x 8's..;), nice quick easy border with a speed Ez El though.

Back