[Time Lapse] Sunrise from Catbells

That is fantastic! Would love to have a go at something similar myself.

:clap:

That's cool! (y)

Does look good, never tried it on my D700 but may give it a wirl some time.

Does the D700 have a timer release built in then?

Yeah, it's got an intervalometer feature which lets you specify a start time, the number of shot sequences to take (up to a max of 999), the number of shots per sequence and the interval between each shot sequence.

That is a lovely time lapse video! I like the way the mist appeared to ebb back and forth like waves on a beach. Excellent work!

i love the ebb and flow of the mist, you really cant appreciate it like that when your watching it for yourself some how. well done

Excellent mini-movie :clap:

I was curious, was your exposure setting on M or A mode? I couldn't figure out how you maintained uniformaty with the exposure if you've used A mode?

Excellent mini-movie :clap:

I was curious, was your exposure setting on M or A mode? I couldn't figure out how you maintained uniformaty with the exposure if you've used A mode?

The camera was set to aperture priority mode and also left it in manual focus once I'd got the scene in focus for the first shot. I'd got some jumpiness in a previous attempt because I'd left the camera in autofocus mode and the focus must have shifted slightly at various points.

I wanted to keep control of the depth of field and also to get lots in focus whilst staying around the lens sweet spot, but I also knew lighting would vary over the course of the sequence. So, aperture priority seemed a logical choice.

Shutter speeds start off at 1/100 and only speed up slightly to 1/500 in the brightest exposures. For most of the shots, it's 1/400. It helps that the scene had a fairly constant exposure. If I'd shot at a different time of day or included the sun in the frame then there would have been more variation.

Thank you for the detailed feedback.

As said, a fantastic series / movie; which, frankly, is inspiring me to attempt something like this.

Wow, that is pretty damn good, it is amazing to see the mist moving around and I think it was about the 42s mark that it seemed to rush into the valley.

Fantastic and I look forward to seeing some more. (y)

Excellent, brilliant, wonderful. Has to be tried I think. Now can it be done on a D90?

Andy

To answer my own question, no apparently not. Damn.

Last edited:
Back