Time to add, but what?

Name
Phil
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok guys,:help:
Its all down to you lot about 8months ago, you all convinced me to convert from film to digital. Now I need to ask for your advice once again...

Im on a D200 with...
- 17 - 55mm Nikon
- 70 - 300mm with macro Sigma Lenses

But,
What I wish to ask is,
What next?
Im on a limited budget so low expense is a must, I enjoy all types of projects inc. macro and I would like to build a kit good enough to meet 99% of challenges.

Im not stupid to think I will get it all over night but I have ages to build it up but Im just worried I go out and get too many lenses that end up doing nearly the same job.

Thank you all,
Phil

I`m told a nifty fifty should be in every bag.

Mines on the shelf, it has been there for at least 6 months. You have a good focal range covered as it is. From what I gather you are missing extreme wide ends and a macro end. Sigma cater for the budget market and they offer a great 50mm Macro and the superb 10-20. Take a look.

You have a good focal range covered as it is. From what I gather you are missing extreme wide ends and a macro end. Sigma cater for the budget market and they offer a great 50mm Macro and the superb 10-20. Take a look.

That is what I mean, you see I spoke to a couple of friends who all told me that I need this and that but it was all bloody tele's & fixed :bang:.

SO, by for a good wide angle, cheap len's any ideas???

Thanks all!
Phil

not cheap by sigma 10-20mm is good see other threads about wideangle

Just for anyone looking through I found a review of the sigma 10 - 20 at...
http://www.ephotozine.com/article/Sigma-10-20mm-f4-56-EX-DC

The verdict...
Verdict
With the wide field of view that this lens gives the digital SLR owners that require panoramic style angles, this lens is an answer to their prayers. The performance is excellent and the size and weight is little more than a standard zoom. Aimed at an area where there are no contenders stepping down from the 35mm arena and fulfilling a definite need, Sigma should be onto a winner here.

Thanks for the pointer I think thats a must!!! time to buy save & buy.

Do you think I should look at a Fish eye?

Phil

Back