tinker with the competition?

Matt

TPer Emeritus
Name
matt
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everybody!

Is there anything that we might like to see happen with the competition?

Personally i would like the entries to be put up as they come in, still anonymously, but this might generate a bit of discussion and inspire others, its your competition as well, so lets have some ideas!

yes, send the winner on an all expences paid holiday to a destination of their choice.:D :clap:

I wonder if a rethink on the voting might be in order.

A thread with the images and a poll is easier to view and easier to place your vote.

Maybe a 'pick up to 3 images to vote for' instead of choose 1st 2nd 3rd?

Boon said:
yes, send the winner on an all expences paid holiday to a destination of their choice.:D :clap:

I'm with Boon :D

Seriously, I agree with what RobertP has said about the voting system. A thread with the pictures in (like the fortnightly theme), then to vote via poll would make it a lot easier.

Although I haven't actually submitted anything so far, I also agree with the above, fortnightly theme would be great. :D

we really want to maintain the anonymous nature of the entries, but i think we can work on that.

How about this then,

When images are submitted, they are added to the gallery and into a thread raher than being hoarded till the end of the round. This then generates a bit of conversation and allows a little bit of inspiration to be given to those who havent got an entry yet.

Members must not give away which is their entry though!

I like the gallery approach for holding the images rather than posting in threads because I use the slideshow function to help select my favourites.

A poll would make voting easier (especially on Matty) but you shouldnt be able to see the poll results until the end of the voting window.

we can post in the gallery and link to the thread, thats easy enough, gives people the option, then at the end of the round the images stay in the gallery and the thread remains for future browsing.

I was just thinking about this last week, and I thought it'd be great to see the entries as they come in. However, I don't think they should be put in a thread though, if they stay in the gallery that would be good. I also like the idea of a poll.. it would make voting easier.

I think the problem with seeing the entries as they come in is a that a really good entry or two early one may well put people off having a go at all, especially those teetering on the brink ? :thinking:

CT said:
I think the problem with seeing the entries as they come in is a that a really good entry or two early one may well put people off having a go at all, especially those teetering on the brink ? :thinking:

i agree with CT, fresh eyes is paramount, if you have had your photo there for two weeks, it will be skipped over for the new ones,and then put them in a thread, nothing difficult about viewing at all, but make a poll.
:D

I haven't eneterd for some time but promise to make more of an effort....but think pics shouldn't be on view until the time is up and a poll would be easier for voting.

CT said:

I agree with CT on this one. I dont' see the need in seeing them as they come in. The fortnightly assignments are there for topics of discussion and what not.

Jewel :)

interesting split of opinion!

couple more views?

I dont see any need to display entries as they come in, personally think its more interesting to see peoples own interpretation of the theme, as opposed to possibly being influenced by anothers shot. So posting all the shots after the deadline is the way it should be in my opinion.

The voting system maybe more accessible as a poll vote, but how to implement that im not sure. I think the 3 choices in order of preference is fine though.

(y)

so the upshot here is, leave as is, but have a poll for voting?

matty said:

IMHO - Yes, the fact is it works very well so theres not alot, if anything you can do to improve it (y)

no worries.

Sometimes its good to ask, then you know what people think and find ways to improve.

But i will leave as is, except the voting bit if that can be done the way we want

I'm glad that's sorted afore I get back !

For me, and fwit the pics should not be displayed until the end as appears to be the concensus and poll voting is cool too !

matty said:

As long as the voting is done after all entries are in (y)

Back