tiny lightstand

Name
David
Edit My Images
No
I know frotto make one, but did I read somewhere that another firm were making them too (and a bit cheaper) or did I make that up?

links appreciated but a manufacturer'd do :D

Garry Edwards uses them on some of the videos he has made with Lencarta, the type that are about 2 foot high and on wheels. They would be great for when shooting kids or lying down poses in a studio etc.

If thats the ones you are thinking about give him a shout and see where he gets his from.

I meant the really small light folding jobbies :D
I've got one of those too - might (just) be safe to use with a hotshoe flash, definately not safe to use with a studio flash.

Yes, calumet do the manfrotto nano (the stand you mean) for cheap, and even cheaper with student card... I'll find you the link.

edit: got it http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/MF6027/

at £24 each, they're a waaay better buy than the konig ones if you're just putting a speedlight etc on them :)

does anyone rate that calumet brolly adaptor, I love my frotto one but this is a wee bit cheaper and comes from the same place as the stand (when I get my next gun I'll need another stand :D)

does anyone rate that calumet brolly adaptor, I love my frotto one but this is a wee bit cheaper and comes from the same place as the stand (when I get my next gun I'll need another stand :D)

You can buy the Manfrotto one from Fotosense for about £18.. not sure what their P&P is like as I always collect from their store in Bolton :)

I got a couple of these stands.

Note that the 2nd spigot stops the stand folding, when fitted.

They were sent strapped together as one package, so I got stung by Customs, making them stupidly expensive :bang:

You can buy the Manfrotto one from Fotosense for about £18.. not sure what their P&P is like as I always collect from their store in Bolton :)

The manfrotto one is the dog's danglies :) Not seen the calumet one, but it's probably ok... £2 less than the manfrotto one though iirc...

I have three of the Calumet umbrella adapters (these ones: http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/MF6830/ ) which I bought from calumet's ebay store for about £15 each. As far as I'm aware they are identical to the Manfrotto ones (bar the calumet logo ;) ). I have been using them for a year and have had no problems with them (the same can't said for the stupid konig stands they're attached to!).

I have three of the Calumet umbrella adapters (these ones: http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/item/MF6830/ ) which I bought from calumet's ebay store for about £15 each. As far as I'm aware they are identical to the Manfrotto ones (bar the calumet logo ;) ). I have been using them for a year and have had no problems with them (the same can't said for the stupid konig stands they're attached to!).

Those are the ones I meant, didn't realise that calumet had rebadged some of those too... man I love 20% discount on calumet own brand stuff :D might order a couple more of these...

Back