Tinypic Problem

Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
I've spent most of the afternoon cleaning up my iMac trying to rid myself of the continual pop up telling me to download the latest version of Adobe Flash Player as mine is out of date and lacks the latest security. It's up to date. This is an attempt to instal malware. The options are 'Download' and 'OK' so I have to shut down the computer and restart it.

I've cleared out all caches and all sorts. I've run a scan over it which tells me there's no malware.

What's happening is that when I get up Tinypic I click on Choose (photo). Then the photo appears on the right side of the page. I then click on 'Upload'. A message then shows..'Grab your code' It's the second box down which is for message boards and forums. There are several boxes with urls but now there are no urls in any of them. I clicked on that second empty box in the hope it might prompt a reaction and that's when the Flash Player message came up along with a window with items such as.. "You won't believe how these stars look today' OR 'Read what else Trump has done with women'. .'See how (so and so) has lost two stone in 4 weeks….and so on.

I now have no way of posting photos..which some may think is a blessing :D

An annual fee is now required to use Photobucket. It used too be free,like Tinypic.

Has anyone got any ideas how I can sort this ? I have tried a different photo but get the same result. I posted photos here on Tuesday so this has just happened.

This is the problem. It's also an advert but my Malwarebytes scan didn't detect any malware.

https://www.intego.com/mac-security-blog/fake-flash-player-update-infects-mac-with-scareware/

Back