North England Tips for a weekend in the Lake District

Name
Jordan
Edit My Images
Yes
Hey everyone, I've got a weekend visit coming up in the Lake District (staying in Kendal) and I'm looking for advice good photography spots. I'll have the car and I'm prepared to do a bit of hiking, so hopefully most locations shouldn't be a problem.

I should be able to make the most of 3 sunsets and 2 sunrises if the weather is kind to me! :)

There is a simple answer.
The Lake District.
Anywhere is good. Just go and don't get too hung up about everyone's favourite spots or you'll just end up with a load of grockles.

As you'll be based in Kendal I'd probably stick to the central areas around the Langdales, though you could get to Ullswater and surrounding areas easily enough. Bit surprised you're staying there though, Ambleside is usually a good bet being so central - the roads in the Lakes can be slow going so driving can get a bit frustrating

Last edited:
If you want a quieter area try Longsleddale and Wet sleddale (near Shap) both easily accessible from Kendal, worth a visit and not over run with coach loads of visitors.But as @mickledore says, anywhere is good, Ulswater via the Kirkstone pass offers quite a few opportunities for a day out.

Ullswater is always a great spot. Angletarn is just around the corner too...You can park in Hartsop as well.

Attachments

• IMG_9091.JPG
    IMG_9091.JPG
    182.7 KB · Views: 25
Back