Tips for monza?

Name
Kieran
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi

I am not sure this is the best place to ask bit here it goes.

I am considering going to monza for the final round of the ferarri challenge to get some photos, this would be my first trip to a race track abroad and was wondering if anyone here has been before.

My main question would be getting from the airport (malpensa has the best flight prices) to monza where I'd be in a hotel and also from the hotel to the track.

Is there some sort of bus service that goes to or near the track?

Also is there anything else that's useful to know about going to monza?

Many thanks

Kieran.

I went with my son a few years ago to the F1.
We stayed in Milan (easy train from Malpensa to the centre).
We got a train from Milan to close to Monza but it is a bit of a walk on the final leg. I think we could have got a bus for this part but the queue was very long.
It was very very busy.
Note there are 2 main stations in Milan (Centrale and Gariboldi). From memory both connect with Monza. It may change according to day.
I think all Malpensa trains connect to Centrale. Some may go on to Garibaldi. Worth checking.
It was a unique experience. Have fun.

We got a train from Milan to close to Monza but it is a bit of a walk on the final leg. I think we could have got a bus for this part but the queue was very long.
It was very very busy.
Note there are 2 main stations in Milan (Centrale and Gariboldi). From memory both connect with Monza. It may change according to day.
I think all Malpensa trains connect to Centrale. Some may go on to Garibaldi. Worth checking.

Thanks for the reply, the queues shouldn't be too bad near the track as it's not as big as the F1. I was thinking of going to malpensa, getting the train to monza and staying in a hotel.

That sounds good. Just check you don't have to switch from Centrale to Garibaldi in Milan.
We stayed in Milan because we wanted to do some other things when we were there.
Also, for F1 hotels near Monza are very expensive.

Ah
That sounds good. Just check you don't have to switch from Centrale to Garibaldi in Milan.
We stayed in Milan because we wanted to do some other things when we were there.
Also, for F1 hotels near Monza are very expensive.
Ah I see, so make sure they are at the same station, I didn't think of that so thanks a lot! Is there anything else you would recommend or is the research just like a usual trip abroad?

As per Andrew.
When you get to the mainline station don't allow someone to help you buy a ticket. If you do so they will pester you for a tip. They can be very persistent.

Most useful tip. Do not leave anything remotely valuable visible at any time or any place, or any suggestion that something valuable is locked up.

As per Andrew.
When you get to the mainline station don't allow someone to help you buy a ticket. If you do so they will pester you for a tip. They can be very persistent.

Thanks for the tip! I was planning on booking everything in advance to stop any confusion while i am there but i will make sure any valuables are kept safe

It was very very busy.

Is this the train station that ive seen on google maps right next to the airport?

I know a number of photographers who have had kit nicked from Monza, including from their cars as they've been observed putting things away.
I will make sure to keep an eye on everything then to prevent it being robbed, my dad will be with me too so he can help look after it.

Apart from equipment theft is there anything to know about the track in general or getting to it?

Is this the train station that ive seen on google maps right next to the airport?

I think there is only one train station at the airport.
A quick google tells me that trains go to Monza from both Centrale and Garibaldi.
so just get the train to Centrale and swop platforms for the Monza train. As per in UK, final destination may not be Monza but you can check this before you go.
Trentitalia website gives you info.

A quick google tells me that trains go to Monza from both Centrale and Garibaldi.
so just get the train to Centrale and swop platforms for the Monza train. As per in UK, final destination may not be Monza but you can check this before you go.

Thanks, i will take a look on that site.

I know a number of photographers who have had kit nicked from Monza, including from their cars as they've been observed putting things away.

Do any of yous know of some good photos areas at monza?

Also is there anything else that's useful to know about going to monza?

I went in May 2003 to the WSB round.
I went by motorbike and camped Thursday to Sunday...
I'd say the #1 tip - leave PLENTY of time to get in and out.
Monza is in a park next to a residential area with very few entrances and exits (at least it was in 2003) and getting in and out can take a while.

Sorry, we didn't go to take photos.
I didn't take my camera.

No worries, thanks anyway

I went in May 2003 to the WSB round.
I went by motorbike and camped Thursday to Sunday...
I'd say the #1 tip - leave PLENTY of time to get in and out.
Monza is in a park next to a residential area with very few entrances and exits (at least it was in 2003) and getting in and out can take a while.

Thanks, will take this to consideration

Back