Tips for Silverstone

Name
Ads
Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off to the BTCC at Silverstone on Sunday, first time I've been to Silverstone since 1998, and it'll be my first time there with my kit. I'd like to get some good, tight shots of the cars, preferably head on, as opposed to all the panning shots I normally take, I'm not working, so can't get signed on (and still need MSA accreditation). Any tips on were to stand would be ace.

I'll be using my longest lens, a Canon EFS 55-250mm.

Thanks in advance! :wave:

Luffield and some heavy cropping. Exit of Becketts is a possibility. I have a BTCC season pass but I can't be bothered with Silverstone and am doing Snetterton instead.

Trouble is with F1 style run off areas, the circuit is either fenced off or miles away.

Well becasue it is on the National circuit,

The best places to stand are :

Becketts inside, you can do panning, and get some sort of head on shots if you go near the exit of becketts.

National Stright, you can get head on panning shot, with a clean BG, with other cars in aswell, good for compositional shots.

And Finnaly luffield corner, though a fence but, still good, unless you go in the stands, but I dont really recomend photographing in a stand.

So unless you have media accreditationm, its crap from Photography

All of those area's theirs normally alot of action, like at the w.e just gone, I got 2 crash shots from luffield in the morning, which were quite big, and becketts in the afternoon I had got 5 big crashes also.

Becasue at becketts if they spin of the exit, or entrance, they will get hit hard!!!

I'm going for the Sunday too - and it's my first time at Silverstone. Looks like I picked a duff track (no accreditation here - I'll be relying on my 100-400 lens and hoping it's long enough).

Just to confirm,club straight is out of bounds but it depends what one can get away with I guess

Back