Tiscali (BB + Phone) - Any good?

Can't advise on their phone service but I set Sue's mum and dad up with Tiscali BB well over a year ago and its been faultless. Well priced, decent speeds (considering they are out in the sticks) and never had a problem with it that couldn't be solved by rebooting the router.

hth

matt

hummmmm... Do I? Don't I?

£8.99 for up to 8Mbps with no set up charge. And a way of getting free calls to landline numbers chucked in as well??

If that sounds interesting then you need to speak to, er, um, me! :)

Been with them (bb) for about 3 years - no grief. Just went with the free phone package/reduced line rental thingy - so far so good. If only the missus wouldn't ring the GMTV compo line in the morning! One or two wobbles, but otherwise ok - but others report probs??. Don't see the need to change just yet, and they are offering FREE line rental from July. We'll see.

I've gone for the £19.99 BB and free UK anytime calls and instantly halved my BT bill. You still have to pay line rental on top of this and I opted to stay with BT.

Been with Tiscali just under a year and have had no problems so far.

If your looking for impartial advice, go to http://www.thinkbroadband.com/

Here you can compare ISP's and get a number of different results relating to speed, reliability and service. If you use this be sure to hover your mouse over each chart and look at the number of people who have provided the info as this can skew your perception of the results. All in all a good tool.

Good luck.

Hi Nigel,

Thanks for your advise m8. Looks like tiscali has now included the line rental too in the £19.99 price.

http://www.tiscali.co.uk/products/nm/website/UK-141858/8mb-unlimited.html

When I called them they said that they take over the phone line from BT and that's how they include the line rental in the above price.

I am just a little apprehensive as I had temporarily moved to Sky BB in the past and that was a big disaster and hence skeptic about any other BB provide.:shake:

As they say do not try to change something that's running perfectly OK. :p

But 19.99 with the line rental included is a bit too tempting :LOL: :LOL:

Is it available in your area? And is it available at more than 2Mbps? Use the Tiscali checker behind the Register button. I just tried it with a Sunbury number and it told me that only the 2Mbps service was available. But check with your own number.

They can only provide what they naughtily call 'free line rental' with LLU on certain exchanges. It's an inclusive service as part of a package. It is not 'free'. Two providers have already had knuckles rapped for calling something 'free' when it blatently isn't.

If it isn't available in your area then check using this checker thingy http://www.uwdc.co.uk/bbcheck as this firm also provide inclusive line rental with an LLU 8Mpbs service at £19.99 pm. And they reward customers taking multiple services with free outgoing land line calls. I've just checked 3 random Sunbury numbers and all three can take the LLU service. Learn more at www.utilities-direct.co.uk

and finally.... if your telephone number was issued by a cable company, even if it was subsequently moved to a BT exchange, then you can't take an LLU service :( Yet.

John

Back