To anyone that has a Vauxhall Corsa C

Name
Gary
Edit My Images
Yes
:annoyed:The common fault with the Corsa C has just happened to mine... the gear linkage is buggered and I can't get it into 1st and 2nd gear.

Gona cost £100 to put right!

A common fault that is recognised by Vauxhall but there has never been a recall!!

So much for gettin a cheap mac to play with! :bang:

This problem is STILL recurring? My Mum had one of the first Corsas - way back in '93 - and that needed a new gearbox after 6 months. It developed a complete inability to get into first gear at all if you were moving even slightly - when she reported it to the dealer first off they tried to fob her off by telling her that there was no syncromech on first gear and she should just double de-clutch! :LOL:

witch ,its a linkage problem not the gearbox its self . Gaz , had the same problem with my wifes just before christmas ,02 plate with 45k local vaux dealer wanted about 160 to fix it , but got the new ( modified )linkage and did it myself for a hundred . really easy to do though .

corsa-cmon-doll-blue-1.jpg

:D

i hated it when my wife kept using mine . fixed hers pretty quick though !

Is it this problem? If so...mentioning 'Field Remedy (insert number here)' to Vauxhall Customer Service, especially if your car has a main dealer history, is normally quite effective. My Y-plate 2001 Vectra died this time last year, with a snapped timing chain (£2.5k engine rebuild :eek:), and Vauxhall fixed it free of charge, as it is a known fault with the 2.2's. 'Field Remedy 1532' in my case.

all fixed now, feels like a new car again!

It's made a massive difference, must have been causing more problems than i thought. Kind of feels like the car has lost weight? if that makes sense?

Back