To name but one.

Name
Rich
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok so we all hopefully have Photography in common with each other, but I was wondering what other pastimes or passions any of you have, or have had.

I enjoy swimming, Table Tennis, gardening, I used to be heavily into flying model Rockets on a regular basis but have given that up now. I like my home entertainment and Hi/Fi. I also enjoy going to work everyday, it can be pretty physical and demanding in all weathers but the banter that goes on in the fruit market early in the morning is not to be missed.

Guitars and making music - I've always been into that, and always will be... Also like my home cinema, and while the stuff I have isn't exactly top of the range, it does for the kids and me. Aside from that, I do like to travel. Well, it's not the travelling I particularly enjoy, more the arriving at my destination...

Cooking and reading which i haven't been doing too much of recently but will be getting back into it shortly

I love being in Crete. Not so much the getting there (3 1/2- 4 hours of uncomfortable boredom) but being there in the sun and heat, soaking up the smells, sounds and food and drink.

Very fond of walking, wildlife, and watching football. I used to Cycle a lot, but it's been a while since I last rode seriously. I plan on getting more riding in this year, I also took up running last year, but haven't done too much of that recently either.

reading that lot back, I need to get out soon, either on the bike or for a run :LOL: :D

Hi-fi-ing, Music, Watching films, Golf, used to play a lot of squash and hockey but had to stop due to a knackered knee (im only 20 :( )

since having the kids not had a lot of time for anything, we ask go for forest walks together. when I was a kid lots of swimming, not so much now due to knackered same with the cycling. For years I was into hi fi, well have to unpack it all again soon.
When I was about ten I got into shooting in a big way and shout until about 5 years ago, went from competitive air rifle shooting to practical pistol to long range rifle back to air rifle, I still miss pistol shooting but long range rifle was a lot of fun, shooting 1000 yards isn't something everyone can do.
Now I love my job, really enjoy the driving side of it and of course my family.

In the last ten years I have done track days on motor bikes, took up diving and love it, toured europe on a motor bike (still do this, italy again this year) and then got my ass into gear and bought a camera, wanted to do it since I was young but could never afford the film developing etc, so here i am hook line and sinker.

spike

I like home entertainment, walking, golf, cycling, also used to go caving in the mendip hills.

boyfalldown said:
Diving (although kids seem to have put paid to that), swimming, archery

mmm know that feeling, along with motorcycling, rock climbing and mountainbiking.
Hopefully though as they grow up its something I can get back into and maybe it may grab their interest also.

PC gaming and webdesign although im a total beginner at that its something I loving doing/learning.

Cycling and antique clocks for me. Boys' toys I suppose.

I play tennis, table tennis & the guitar. Also love mountain biking, freeride type stuff, & walking & squeeze photography in amongst everything else!

Previously enjoyed badminton, squash, archery & RC planes.

Iam into fast moving energy sapping sports,can't beat a bit of pool and darts:D

Model engineering - I'm (slowly, very slowly) building a 1/4 scale Fowler traction engine from raw castings and metal stock. Some progress from a while ago:

FinishedSmokeboxS.jpg

Jez.

Cartoon drawing and meteorology . . . as if you didn't know that by now. :D :D :D ;)

well i enjoy sea fishing ,gardening and walking just for exercise

I used to fish for a team in both Super and winter leagues, did this for years but the commercial fisheries spoilt it for me.
Also enjoy gun dog training. I have Had a Weimaraner, a Lab and my new project is a German Wire haired Pointer.
Photography has now taken over most of my free time :).

Andy

Cycling - road races and time trials, now more riding for fun, PC gaming, cooking, drinking red wine, drinking red wine, dr*nkn rd wiiiin..........

Interesting thread →
I was wondering what other pastimes or passions any of you have, or have had.

This. Photography. Starbucks. Reading. History. Films. Going Out. Listening to Music ♫ & Noah my Hedgehog.
~ in no particular order.

Had a few,but as I get older lost most.
Karate, great fitness boost,but having to get fitter with every grading was a bore as it was just a pastime with me.
Shooting,pistol, unfortunately ,hearing made me give it up.
Fell walking,love it ,but getting to old for the tops now.
Golf,still play badly,but as Lesley Nielson said,"learn to play golf badly and enjoy it ":LOL:

Photography, rekindled interest in last few years,but arthritis makes carrying a lot of gear very hard.:(

My other hobby is flying RC Helicopters but since getting my new camera the helis have taken a back seat & not been looked at LOL..

anyone wonna buy em LOL

26938_378346936782_568336782_4200453_2901123_n.jpg

28927_389860276782_568336782_4495622_1967232_n.jpg

In no particular order
Scuba
Rifle shooting
wild life
travel
but all expensive

My other hobby is flying RC Helicopters but since getting my new camera the helis have taken a back seat & not been looked at LOL..

anyone wonna buy em LOL

26938_378346936782_568336782_4200453_2901123_n.jpg

28927_389860276782_568336782_4495622_1967232_n.jpg

Have you ever managed to fasten a camera to one of those things? I could get interested in that :)

Have you ever managed to fasten a camera to one of those things? I could get interested in that :)

Yes quite a few times, i used a cheap keychain camera from off fleabay for around 15 quid...

here's one attached to my Flying wing onboard cam kicks in at around 50 secs

[YOUTUBE]CnPXtl4GfCc[/YOUTUBE]

here's one on my 450 clone..

[YOUTUBE]3wl-rf2j9FA[/YOUTUBE]

you will find much better knocking around utube than mine but im still pretty new to flying them..

Yep RC Helicopters for about 20 years, fishing though haven't been for a while now. Walking and general outdoors stuff, caravan/camping/Cycling.

ummm, travelling, hiking, cycling, playing music (am learning the penny whistle), bridges, engines & machines, classic cars, motorbikes, camping, writing, knitting, beadwork, reading, languages...and no I don't have time to do them all lol

I have a huge handbag and whenever I go somewhere I have my camera, my whistle, a notebook for writing and sometimes my knitting. If I go out on my bike to look at engines/bridges I can combine many of them :LOL: :D

woodturning, long distance running, writing......

...Talking crap on forums (as if you couldnt guess)

Yes quite a few times, i used a cheap keychain camera from off fleabay for around 15 quid...

here's one attached to my Flying wing onboard cam kicks in at around 50 secs

[YOUTUBE]CnPXtl4GfCc[/YOUTUBE]

here's one on my 450 clone..

[YOUTUBE]3wl-rf2j9FA[/YOUTUBE]

you will find much better knocking around utube than mine but im still pretty new to flying them..
are those flying wings easy to fly always fancied a plane, but knowing my luck on its first flight it would nose dive n smash to bits:crying::crying::crying:

are those flying wings easy to fly always fancied a plane, but knowing my luck on its first flight it would nose dive n smash to bits:crying::crying::crying:

I will be honest with ya NO they not easy but they not impossible to fly.. the wing was my fist ever plane but before getting one i got myself a good flight sim (phoenix) & had a few weeks learing to fly on my pc first..
it saves hundreds of pounds in the long run...
the good thing about the wing is if it hits the ground & brakes into bits (which it will) ya just hot glue it back together & off you fly....

im now on my 2nd wing.. my fist one ended up like this..

226647_10150182007451783_5368939_n.jpg

BUT the above pic must have been hot glued around 50 times before i gave up with it...

ive also crashed the helis quite often trying to do 3D flying but ya cant hot glue them back together.. thats when the visa gets some hammer LOL..

29269_392851001782_568336782_4552630_6455699_n.jpg

247400_10150202489691783_568336782_7419004_6627232_n.jpg

unlike the wing which cost nothing to repair the heli costs around 50 quid plus.. per crash to get back up in air..

HiFi; reading SciFi and Fantasy; listening to music; sipping whisky; Liverpool FC; bit of cooking; bit of gardening; Erfworld, OOTS & Abominable Charles Christopher webcomics

Model engineering - I'm (slowly, very slowly) building a 1/4 scale Fowler traction engine from raw castings and metal stock. Some progress from a while ago:

FinishedSmokeboxS.jpg

Jez.

Fab project. lovely work. :clap: Id so enjoy doing that, I once helped build a small scale? tipple expansion engine, I find it quite a joy to see ones parts whizzing around in scaled mechanical harmony.

I'm into taekwondo , been doing it about two years now and love it, I started going when my daughter started and now both daughters go (ages 8 and 10), its a great bit of quality time with my girls.

Also do MTB'ing and boxing training with my mates

Apart from photography my main hobbies/interests are playing my Xbox, watching films, going to the gym and have recently bought myself a new mountain bike which I'm hoping to get into more.

Used to fly and still have a few R/C aeroplanes and helicopters but since working on aircraft I kinda lost interest in them.

Used to do a bit of kickboxing as well and thinking about taking up tai chi chaun to try and help me get fitter.

But my big love is and always has been motorbikes, I love anything to do with them. Used to ride them but gave up when my son came along, always considering getting another one though. Love absolutely everything to do with motogp and haven't missed a race since I was 15 and I'm now 39.

Back