to those cooking in a hurry

Name
Dave
Edit My Images
Yes
To anybody who cooks a fry up in a hurry, I have now learnt that it only takes a second longer to check the label when putting cooking oil into the pan. This lesson is even more important when the cooking oil container looks just like the washing up container as shown in the pic. A very easy mistake to make but a mistake that will completely redetermine how your food tastes, and yes i am serious...

washingupoil.jpg

Reminds me of the Bisto Gravy / Maxwell House incident in Fools and Horses!

why would both be on the windowsill, and how can you live with such a manky windowsill?

they wern't both on the window sil. The cooking oil was at the back of the kitchen and the washing up liquid was on the sil with the label pointing outwards. its not really dirty, the pic makes it look that way. its the only room in the flat im allowed to smoke and thats just ash blown back in and i have tried to brush it off

The smiley designed just for the Archamedes Theory: :rules:

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

So how was your bubble and squeak :D

Atb
Cliff

I nearly did that once, but I've also put coffee on my cereal instead of milk :LOL:

About 35 years ago my mother made up 20 odd litres of lemon squash for cricket tea at her prep school...

...except she used bleach!!!!

About 35 years ago my mother made up 20 odd litres of lemon squash for cricket tea at her prep school..

...except she used bleach!!!!

Is she eligible for parole yet :D

Last edited:
Reminds me of the Bisto Gravy / Maxwell House incident in Fools and Horses!

My Mum actually did that to me!!!!

I had a very bad sore throat, ulcers and everything. I'd been off food a bit and Mum cooked me a separate meal to everyone one else, chicken escalops, mash, peas and gravy.

As I was eating it there was a funny coffee like taste but I thought it was just me as the stuff I'd been using to try and ease the sore throat screws my taste buds.

After a few more mouthfuls I got my sister's boyfriend to try it and he shouted "EEUUUWWW!!! That's coffee"

At that point Mum got the two jars out of the cupboard and realised what she'd done :LOL:

Back