To Whom Or To What Does This "Finger" Belong?

You can get a cream for that, you don't even have to see a doc about it. It's behind the counter at the chemist.

Some sort of crustacean?

Well even after stalking your previous shots i believe i am still clueless.. the only remote thought was the gallileo thermometer or a test tube of something but even that doesn't look right. :thinking::D

Well even after stalking your previous shots i believe i am still clueless.. the only remote thought was the gallileo thermometer or a test tube of something but even that doesn't look right. :thinking::D

Gonna have to give it to you. I accidentally killed the thermometer a few days ago. This is about 2-3mm of the tip of one of the floats that was inside!!

Gonna have to give it to you. I accidentally killed the thermometer a few days ago. This is about 2-3mm of the tip of one of the floats that was inside!!

Is that how you managed the picture of one of the gloats without reflections and other floats in the picture? I did try with ours but couldn't get a clear picture.

Is that how you managed the picture of one of the gloats without reflections and other floats in the picture? I did try with ours but couldn't get a clear picture.

Actually, no. Te thermometer was still whole at the point. The story is that to take the shot you're talking about I placed a black hard-back book behind the thermometer, standing up with the cover backs slightly ajar for balance. Unfortunately, I forgot to remove the book later and at about 3am that night the book decide to lie down. Bye bye thermometer as it was knocked out of my light box and onto a ceramic floor. :D

The lack of reflections is much down to my light box setup. You can see it here: Home Macro Studio

I'd never have guessed what it is Dunc, but it's a very good shot.(y)

George.

I'd never have guessed what it is Dunc, but it's a very good shot.(y)

George.

Cheers George. It's one of those abstract kind of shots that I personally really enjoy. It doesn't make any sense particularly but the colours and textures are just pleasing to me.

Last edited:
Back