Today - Nuthatches.

CT

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Had a great day in between the showers and never saw a living soul - fantastic. :cool:

3842596101_86a739d793_o.jpg

3843037700_64179e77fd_o.jpg

3843037490_9110303cfa_o.jpg

3842249463_fa6da37c62_o.jpg

50D, 500mm f4L and 1.4X TC 800 ISO.

Last edited:
Had a great day in between the showers and never saw a living soul - fantastic. :cool:

My kinda day... :cautious:

Fantastic image, the first one is, Cedric... (y) ... it is beautifully taken and has lovely colouring and kind of makes the others look rather washed out by comparison though... :cautious:

:p

Great shots, however would disagree with Ven, the colours look better (true to life) in the last three shots, but all really nice :clap:

Great shots, however would disagree with Ven, the colours look better (true to life) in the last three shots, but all really nice :clap:

:agree: Must admit Cedric as soon as I saw the first one I thought it had a bit of a tinge about it :shrug: But the others certainly look spot on (y)

I tend to agree Martyn - I'll have a look at that one later. (y)

Absolute stunners. Not seen one of these yet but the detail and colours are superb

Gorgeous shots as per usual! The first one does look a couple of degrees cold though

Superb set CT, nice to see, well done :clap:. Is there much going on up there at this time of year, its been ages since I managed to get there :thinking:.

I tend to agree Martyn - I'll have a look at that one later. (y)

I'v edited it now Martyn, I think it was a tad saturated. Mind you the light was changing all the time between the showers - that's my excuse anyway. :D

great set is this cannock CT is it open to cars yet?
Well the gate was missing when we got there this morning so we drove as far as the UglyTree entrance, parked there and walked the rest. There were a few other cars parked up there as well. It wasn't until we came out that we realised the bar had been smashed off the gate and thrown up the side! :shrug:

It seems talking to folk that the yobs keep coming down at night and smashing the gate so they can get across The Chase scrambling and buggering about in 4X4s. The rangers seem to be fighting a losing battle with keeping replacing it.

Last edited:
Superb set CT, nice to see, well done :clap:. Is there much going on up there at this time of year, its been ages since I managed to get there :thinking:.

The clearing was really overgrown when we got there Trev, so I doubt there's been any togs there for a while. We had to do a bit of tidying up before we could start. :D

Walkers are obviously still feeding the birds there though -there was plenty of activity. The nutties were impossibly quick as always and there was a little Wren came down a time or two but she was just too quick! We got loads of shots of the GSW but how many pics of a GSW do you need? :D

Seriously if the weather's OK it's well worth a visit.

Excuse me but I said nothing about the colours being true to life... :cautious: ... more like lovely and washed out... ;)

:p

Back