Today`s Rant

kevshore said:
New Vogue comes out in 18 months. ;) Lighter, more economical. Looking forward to seeing/roadtesting it. Dealers don't even know what it looks like yet. If you're going to have a RR, it's got to be the Vogue.

Kev.

Been there done that :LOL: I've been driving land rovers since I was 14 :LOL: and owned range rovers for the last 6 years, currently I'm on a base model 2.5TD I hate it's acceleration but at the moment MPG is a consideration so the 30+ mpg is great (y)

I have a hankering for an Autobiography next through LRSV :D

I've been caravanning for the last 12 years or so (not everyday of those 12 years :D ) I tow safely and considerately towards other drivers.
I've had many a mate slag off caravanning to only change their mind when they pop over and see us on site. All admitted to being ignorant about what modern vans have and all have said that they are impressed.
Caravanning isn't a cheap way to holiday. It's a way of spending quality family time together, usually in stunning countryside at a pace that you decide. No working to hotel meal times,no vacating your room in time for the cleaner to come in. No stranger in the room next door. (a beer is always on offer on site and a good chinwag and bbq.)
My wife loves the fact that she can take lots more clothes and that they aren't creased when we get there.
For me, it has helped me spend time with the children away from my business and learn to chill. If I had been at home those weekends, I would have been doing diy, gardening, at work or whatever. Not with my kids.
Don't get me wrong, I use hotels too. Some of the best out there. But for family closeness and fun, you can't beat caravanning.Don't knock it until you've tried it. ;)
Oh and on saturday morning I'll be hitching these two up and spending nearly 3 weeks in France. :D

DSC_4906.jpg

maybe I'll organise a bbq at a british site one day and invite you along. :D:D

Kev.

P/T Pikey! :LOL: :exit:

I've been caravanning for the last 12 years or so (not everyday of those 12 years :D ) I tow safely and considerately towards other drivers.
I've had many a mate slag off caravanning to only change their mind when they pop over and see us on site. All admitted to being ignorant about what modern vans have and all have said that they are impressed.
Caravanning isn't a cheap way to holiday. It's a way of spending quality family time together, usually in stunning countryside at a pace that you decide. No working to hotel meal times,no vacating your room in time for the cleaner to come in. No stranger in the room next door. (a beer is always on offer on site and a good chinwag and bbq.)
My wife loves the fact that she can take lots more clothes and that they aren't creased when we get there.
For me, it has helped me spend time with the children away from my business and learn to chill. If I had been at home those weekends, I would have been doing diy, gardening, at work or whatever. Not with my kids.
Don't get me wrong, I use hotels too. Some of the best out there. But for family closeness and fun, you can't beat caravanning.Don't knock it until you've tried it. ;)
Oh and on saturday morning I'll be hitching these two up and spending nearly 3 weeks in France. :D

DSC_4906.jpg

Kev.

Excellent post (y) Nice outfit too :D

What video instruction? when I took my test in 1962 there wasn't such things as videos for the test. Oh by the way I have always had a clean licence.

Realspeed

You need to slow down a bit Bazza and read what people have typed ;) " I think some video re-construction shown as part of your test might give people an insight as to the effect they cause when doing some of these things. "

DSC_4906.jpg

Kev.

Our Holidays are cheap at a pace that suits us, we do not worry about cleaning. Plenty of beer, the wife likes the fact she does not have to take many clothes with her cos we dont really need them :D We do not worry about strangers next door because they are probably around with us (y)

PS Despite the fact that you have tried to impress us all with your goodies, and how lovey dovey your holidays are Kev, the fact still remains you people get on peoples Tits when driving along roads and country lanes :shrug: ;)

Last edited:
PS Despite the fact that you have tried to impress us all with your goodies, and how lovey dovey your holidays are Kev, the fact still remains you people get on peoples Tits when driving along roads and country lanes :shrug: ;)

I don't try to impress anyone. My feet are firmly on the ground.But I did try to show members that to me, family time together is important and caravanning helps me have that.
As far as getting on peoples tits, we can all do that by simply saying the wrong thing or accidently doing the wrong thing. That is quiet common on this forum at times.
But we all have our own opinions and that's life. (y):)

Kev.

That's a monster outfit :eek:. Very nice, but huuuge!

Caravaning can be a cheap holiday, you don't have to buy a 20' van or 4x4 to tow it with. CI Sprite towed behind an old Hillman Avenger or Morris Oxford and stay in certified locations (Caravan Club members past or present will know what those are). Very, very cheap.

That said, maybe CI Sprites and Alpines are collectors items now and stupendously expensive. They weren't when I was young since that's what we had and family holidays from about age 7 to 15 were taken in them. Without the caravan we wouldn't have had holidays, mum & dad couldn't afford hotel holidays, even in the UK.

Since becoming an adult, I stay in hotels. Caravanning falls into the same category as camping. Never. Again. :LOL:

Back