Today's attempts, critique welcomed.

Edit My Images
Yes
Cheated today and took a drive to Slimbridge Wetlands to try and give myself a good chance of a decent shot.

I think all 4 are better than yesterday’s attempt's but still plenty of room for improvement.

058.jpg

103.jpg

262.jpg

224.jpg

Can anyone id the birds as well please 1 I believe to be a Greylag Goose and 3 is a Moorhen but 2 and 4 elude me. Thanks

2 is a fram yard duck and 4 is a red crested pochard.nice set by the way

Try getting to the eye level of the subject, more like your Moorhen shot. Nice start though!

Unfortunately #2 is badly overexposed so you have lost the highlights.

You need to make much more use of the histogram and the "blinkies" to get the exposure correct especially the highlights.

The others also look a little soft so you need to concentrate on your focussing.

Try to make sure you focus on the eyes - if you focus on the eye rim the AF will find it easier to get a good lock.

Anyway good luck - and keep practising.

Unfortunately #2 is badly overexposed so you have lost the highlights.

You need to make much more use of the histogram and the "blinkies" to get the exposure correct especially the highlights.

The others also look a little soft so you need to concentrate on your focussing.

Try to make sure you focus on the eyes - if you focus on the eye rim the AF will find it easier to get a good lock.

Anyway good luck - and keep practising.

Thanks, just one thing what do you mean by histograms and the "blinkies". Sorry to apear dum but it's all a bit new to me.

Back