Today's posers

Jo

Name
Jo Fisher
Edit My Images
Yes
Gorgeous day made even better by a group of posers :) Please enjoy.

#1 Goldfinch

Camera: Canon EOS 40D
Lens: Sigma 70-300mm DG Macro
Exposure: 0.002 sec (1/500)
Aperture: f/7.1
Focal Length: 238 mm
ISO Speed: 100

#2 Robin

Focal Length: 214 mm

#3 Collared Dove

#4 Mr Reed Bunting

Exposure: 0.003 sec (1/320)

#5 Mrs Reed Bunting
having a blow dry

#6 Mrs Reed Bunting,
this time showing that it is still important to show your best side when eating.

Thanks for looking (y)

Jo
xxx

Stunning shots Jo.
What a great bunch of posers
Love the Goldie (y)

And who could not enjoy that wonderful set of garden beauties... (y) ... I could almost be in that sunny, warm bright place with you... :D ... really impressed with your recent works Jo... ;)

:p

Wonderful set Jo

Excellent detailed set Jo.

That's one fine set there Jo and my winner is...............? The Goldfinch (y)

Thanks all :D

Ven, it's been glorious for the last 5 days here! I hope it holds out until the middle of next week at least, as I have plans to get out tomorrow night, and then the weekend.

Ven, it's been glorious for the last 5 days here! I hope it holds out until the middle of next week at least, as I have plans to get out tomorrow night, and then the weekend.

Here too Jo... :D ... which is great coz we are having stacks of work done outside and it would have been a right 'mare if it had not been so lovely... ;)

They've still got up to two weeks left so I'll go with the holding out bit too... :cautious:

Good luck with your planting... (y) ... we have that to come... :shrug:

some very nice shots there jo (y)
have you used some sort of nr on #4 and #6? if so it looks like it has gone into the top of their heads

very nice set jo and i have to say you must be working at a close distance .

Good luck with your planting... (y) ... we have that to come... :shrug:

Planting? :thinking: :)lol:)

some very nice shots there jo (y)
have you used some sort of nr on #4 and #6? if so it looks like it has gone into the top of their heads

No NR used :shrug:

j.palmer ~ Close indeed. Between 4-6ft on all of them.

Thanks again all :)

Lovely set Jo - as usual! How do you get so close?????
I have a soft spot for Reed Buntings, so for me my favourite has to be the close up of Mr Reed Bunting - absolutely fantastic!! With apologies to Mrs Reed Bunting!

Welly the feeding station is set up right outside my office window. It's just a case of making sure I conceal myself (in this case behind a net curtain with the window wide open, and just my lens poking out) and be patient. We get an awful lot of birds and I don't have to wait long for one or two to land on the strategically placed perches :LOL:. To start with they do fly after only a couple of shutter accusations, but gradually over about a 40 min period they relax and stick around a bit more.

Welly the feeding station is set up right outside my office window. It's just a case of making sure I conceal myself (in this case behind a net curtain with the window wide open, and just my lens poking out) and be patient. We get an awful lot of birds and I don't have to wait long for one or two to land on the strategically placed perches :LOL:. To start with they do fly after only a couple of shutter accusations, but gradually over about a 40 min period they relax and stick around a bit more.

...........and judging by these superb shots it is well worth the effort:clap::clap:

Thanks Crusher, I do get a lot of satisfaction from my little birdies :)

Back