Todays Spiders... (Venus)

Name
Bryn
Edit My Images
Yes
Following on from Paul's great spider finds managed to find some myself tonight.

Shot on Venus 60mm + Flash Diffused

@hoftwi have fun :D

1. This shot amazed me if you look at the web you can see the tension the spider is introducing as the fibre curls up after. Please check out full on Flickr to see properly

IMG_1440
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_1402
by bthomas124, on Flickr

3. Reach for the stars

Reach for the stars (1 of 1)
by bthomas124, on Flickr

IMG_1444
by bthomas124, on Flickr

5. This one caused a nightmare due to being so dark and the white background

IMG_1445
by bthomas124, on Flickr

6. Red Jaw

IMG_1423
by bthomas124, on Flickr

All comments welcome and appreciated

:ty:

Another really nice set of images Bryn, with some stunning detail and great composition.(y)

George.

Yes that #1 looks super - even on here with the twistiness of the web strand.

Paul.

I was totally shocked by the detail retained in the fibre. This lens mate this lens... thank you

Another really nice set of images Bryn, with some stunning detail and great composition.(y)

George.

Edit: Thanks George, I am always trying to improve composition :D

Last edited:
Thanks George always trying to improve composition :D

Yeah I know I'm always commenting on folks composition m8 (sorry), but when it's not so good then for me it can ruin what otherwise could be an excellent shot. Bad comp' is just one of my pet hates.;)

George.

Really cool set Bryn. I love the fact you can see the slack in the web. I guess this section may be used for impact, so it has a bit of stretch should any fly slam into it, and prevent it from tearing right through.

Yeah I know I'm always commenting on folks composition m8 (sorry), but when it's not so good then for me it can ruin what otherwise could be an excellent shot. Bad comp' is just one of my pet hates.;)

George.

Sh!te, totally not what I meant at all mate lol. Blooming phone typing and me not proof reading. See my reply edited. Comment away I always want to know if I have f'd up the composition.

comma was missing too. Bad English hope I havent offended you cause none was intended.

Really cool set Bryn. I love the fact you can see the slack in the web. I guess this section may be used for impact, so it has a bit of stretch should any fly slam into it, and prevent it from tearing right through.

Thanks mate... I was surprised how curled up it was. Clever little things spiders.

Sh!te, totally not what I meant at all mate lol. Blooming phone typing and me not proof reading. See my reply edited. Comment away I always want to know if I have f'd up the composition.

comma was missing too. Bad English hope I havent offended you cause none was intended.

Offended Bryn, don't know what your talking about.:D

I didn't even notice the missing comma m8. I was just stating that some of my comments on folks shots in general must sound a bit boring as I nearly always mention composition. At the moment I just don't know enough about various bugs/insects etc to make my comments more interesting. The more technical side of things such as comp', sharpness, lighting etc I guess I'm not too bad on so feel I can comment on those bits of a shot.(y)

George.

Back