Today's the day!

Steep

Nutcrack Rapids
Name
Hugh
Edit My Images
Yes
My first wedding as photographer :trembleysmiley.gif: Right now I'm thinking I should stay home and just send them the pdf from Gary Bagshawe's wedding of the year thread what do you reckon? :)

Going through my checklist,

Camera (cleaned)
Memory 4gb
Batteries (charged)
Flash
Tripod and monopod (I figure the monopod for the registry office and the tripod for the main shots later?)
Two lenses only, 50mm and 10-20 (not ideal but it's what I've got)

Anything else? apart from a bag to put it all in...

Steep said:
My first wedding as photographer :trembleysmiley.gif: Right now I'm thinking I should stay home and just send them the pdf from Gary Bagshawe's wedding of the year thread what do you reckon? :)

Going through my checklist,

Camera (cleaned)
Memory 4gb
Batteries (charged)
Flash
Tripod and monopod (I figure the monopod for the registry office and the tripod for the main shots later?)
Two lenses only, 50mm and 10-20 (not ideal but it's what I've got)

Anything else? apart from a bag to put it all in...
I'd ditch the monopod and use the tripod with the legs locked closed (if you aren't fancying handheld). It'll do the same job and its one thing less to carry.

The handful of weddings I've done in the past I haven't even needed a tripod.

Cheers Gfk, after the registry office the idea is to come back to her fathers house for a short reception and to take the main shots, so I plan to leave the tripod there and just use the monopod at the registry office. I have a shaky hand and I'm worried that if the room is a bit dim I'll need support of some kind.

Steep said:
I have a shaky hand and I'm worried that if the room is a bit dim I'll need support of some kind.
I'm doing a church wedding in a couple of weeks - all the others I've done have been in registry offices so I'm also slightly worried about lighting.

I did a church wedding two years ago but that was a video, not photos. I did stick the video camera on a tripod for that, simply because I didn't fancy holding it for an hour. I did note during panning around the church that the lighting was very inconsistent.

I'm meeting up with the couple at the church this weekend, so all being well I'll be able to have a look around and avoid any problems before they even arise.

Oh, and I've spoken to the vicar already - he told me I can take photos during the ceremony provided that I don't use flash, and I keep it discreet. I guess a tripod is going to come in handy...

Good luck Steep!

What time at the registry office? I'll come along for moral support! ;)

If you could arrange to fly past about 2:30 trailing a congratulations message that would be good! :D

Was actually thinking of going flying but the cu-nims to the south of the town look a bit ominous. Maybe tonight :)

Edit: oops sorry city!

So how'd you get on :)

I would imagine he's still going through 4Gb of wedding shots. Hope fully going 'yipeee' rather than having that slightly cold sweat that comes when you know you've truly fubared something.

My money's on the former ;)

I always took the tripod but I tended to only use it for low light interior shots preferring to work hand held. Sometimes I'd use it when setting up large difficult group shots too.

Steep will have done the job standing on his head. Well... you know what mean. ;)

lol ty chaps, just in and I think I got a few good shots, no where near as many taken as I thought I would 172 in total, just over 1gb. They are still converting atmo and I'll work on them tomorrow.

A couple of things, a huge big up to 7dayshop and their 2700mah aa batteries, I went through 2 pairs of camera batteries (2x in the grip) but the first set of flash batteries were still going strong at the end of the night/day.
2nd big up to the Sigma 500DG super, it lived up to it's super name today, excellent piece of kit!.

In the end I didn't use either, though I wish now that I had, too many shots were affected/ruined by camerashake.
The whole gameplan plan was thrown out the window when the thunderstorm hit, I had some really good shots lined up in and around the gardens but it was pelting down so we had to make do in the main lounge which was a bit small and crowded with furniture.

I did manage to get a couple of nice outside shots after the rain ended and just before we headed off to the boat but the best shots of the day were of the kids during the boat trip. Thankfully the weather stayed fine for that and the loch itself was smooth as a very smooth thing.

172 shots of which maybe 40 are useable, I made a dvd slideshow of them this morning (thank you Nero) and took it round to let the family see, I've also ordered the photobook from photobox as a sampler for folk to look through.

If anyone is considering getting married in Inverness :) I thoroughly recommend a trip down loch ness on Jacobite Cruises for the wedding bash, I wouldn't have missed that for the world!

well done steep!

Yes very well done. Will you be doing it again?

BTW Jacobite Cruises are planning a development at Loch End with visitor centre facilities!

Back