Toilet Inspiration

Why does a clean toilet mean clean kitchen? If the public toilets aren't clean I would say that is bad for business but as the kitchens aren't open to the public a clean toilet could equally mean filthy kitchen.

Good luck with that, let's hope it won't be one of those flash in the pan affairs.

Hello All,

I am launching a new site in a week or two called Toilet King.

I would like to offer people the chance to have an exhibition on this site. I would require ten images per collection with the subject being 'the toilet'.

All images must be Family Friendly... a link to your own website/flickr account will be available for all those that feature.

Each collection will be changed after a month.

If you are interested or would like more information, please leave your details and I will contact you.

Thank You,
Catflea

You could take photographs "at you'r own convenience":D

From the scarecrow festival Charnock Richard near Chorley

2838966535_8877ec5b14_o.jpg

Dave

Seriously, it might be a good idea. My wife rates the toilets everywhere we go , from 1 to 10, and i don't know about everyone else but i get emails ( not often ) showing the interiors of some very wayout loos. It could be fun, but i don't know how i can get my camera into the Ladies!!

my dad and i actualy beleive that a restaraunt that keeps good hygeine in a toilet should have decent hygeine in the kitchen.
we have eaten at places and said - if we are ill in the morining we know why.

I think the thought is that you would keep your kitchen cleaner than your toilet for obvious reasons and its a guage on cleanliness on a whole.

i can understand where catflea is coming from my missus rates caravan parks on shower and toilet amenities, personally after a skin full of beer and a curry, im just glad if i make it to one . At what level does he wnt pics taken. family caff, decent pubs/bistros, hotels or just restaurants.didn't a posh bint do something similar and publish a book.

Catflea it might help you understand the initial frosty reception if you are made aware that often fake competitions or galleries are setup purely as a way to harvest photos by asking people to submit images for a specific theme. This allows companies to gather the images for free and add them to their libraries for future use. Unfortunately your original posts ticked all those boxes, you signed up and suddenly were making us an offer in which you were going to "let" us send you 10 or so images of a category you specified. So don't be too put off that people were sceptical of your motives ;)

PS surely your toilet blog should be called "Blog Roll" ;)

I suppose you might get plenty of the facility type images with the amount of camera phones that are on the go these days.. Not sure how many arty shots you will get though :)

Seems like this project went down the pan :(

It may sound odd, but in the urban exploration community, when photographing derelict buildings, everyone always seems to go for the knancered toilet shot. I have several actually but they are a bit filthy.

It may sound odd, but in the urban exploration community, when photographing derelict buildings, everyone always seems to go for the knancered toilet shot. I have several actually but they are a bit filthy.

Yup, I have a few poo shots of them too.

Seriouslu I am interested in the site but may I ask what is meant by "Family Friendly"? I mean, is a, lets say "heavily stained" and cracked toilet acceptable or do you only want clean ones? Its Armitage Shanks for me all the way, none of that Royal Doulton rubbish:)

Very interesting... I can see catfleas point, in some cases where there is a dirty toilet there will be a dirty kitchen.

However, in some cases the dirty toilet will be there simply cos some dirty b*****d has just gone and laid down a few sticky logs and not flushed properly, and until the toilet cleaners do their next bout of cleaning in 6 hours time it will stay that way.

Thing is though that restaurants in the UK are regularly inspected by qualified, certified Health Inspectors employed by the local authority. It is a bit of an assumption to make that the kitchen is dirty just because the toilets are, and unless those taking the pictures are qualified and certified I can see a few solicitors letters dropping on the doormats of catflea or any photographers dumb enough to take up this offer - the photographer would be equally culpable.

I think that as the original thread was from 2007, something would have happened by now, TBH.

Isn't it time to pull the chain on this one?

i went to check out the site - toiletking.co.uk ...but it seems to have gone down the pan...

It is a shame, had pootential if you ask me.

Back