Toilet Inspiration

Name
Catflea
Edit My Images
No
Hello All,

I am launching a new site in a week or two called Toilet King.

I would like to offer people the chance to have an exhibition on this site. I would require ten images per collection with the subject being 'the toilet'.

All images must be Family Friendly... a link to your own website/flickr account will be available for all those that feature.

Each collection will be changed after a month.

If you are interested or would like more information, please leave your details and I will contact you.

Thank You,
Catflea

I do not want this to sound like spam...

It is a genuine offer... the site will rate toilets on a five star basis giving a brief description of the venue. The basis for this is the understanding that if the toilets of a venue are clean, then so are their kitchens.

The site will feature a shot of the venues toilet and the chance for anyone to search for a prospective venue.

We hope that it will be a genuine resource for those with the same thoughts about hygiene as ourselves.

If you do not wish to contact me then there is no problem... so please do not be negative.

There are two sides to the idea... one: we have quality toilet images on the site that regularly change, and two: you get a link from a site from where potential visitors can find you. As far as I can see it is beneficial to both sides.

I can promise you that there will be no follow up emails or anything suspicious about it. I will not give your email address to anyone. Or I will not use your site for anything beyond it.

When the site is online... complete except for toilet history I will be advertising the offer on there.

Thank You, Catflea

watching, deciding whether or not to flush.

However 2nd post from OP seems to give more explaination, so I may have been harsh.

I believe I am working within the rules of the forum as I am not making any money out of the new site... it is not a commercial contract, or advert, or commission.

It was a genuine offer.

Please ignore this thread... if you have read so far... as it seems to be creating something I never wanted to happen. I thought I was offering something that people might take up on the basis that it might create inspiration for the photographer and might drive a bit of extra traffic for their site.

Sorry if I have offended anyone.

I suspect that taking photos in publicly accessible toilets may well raise a number of issues with those in blue suits and funny shaped hats?!?

Sounds fun! but I am always warry about taking my camera into toilets :|

Thank You, Jimmy Lemon... you seem to be the only one so far that can see the fun in it... why does everyone else need to be negative or think they are funny.

It isn't about Fetish or public indecency... it is, as stated in the first post, meant to be Family Friendly. It has been amazing the response I have had when I tell people what I am doing and why I am doing it... and most agree that clean toilets mean a clean kitchen... and personally I would rather eat/stay somewhere that can look after their toilets as it says a lot about their whole ethos.

Sorry you can't say anything positive about it... however this forum thread has given me a subject for a blog entry...

I have two people interested in it already... two local photographers who know my work and understand why I am doing it.

I will try elsewhere and email people directly...

Catflea if you had explained the reason for creating this site and the fact that you are using it to rate hotels/restaurants it would have been more well received. As it is, after three posts, you still haven't really explained yourself very well and it's only in passing that you refer to eating/staying in the places you want people to photograph.

You really can't blame anyone but yourself for the response that you got.

Well... I am the stupid one... didn't think I would need to explain the whole project... however the second post did state...

'the site will rate toilets on a five star basis giving a brief description of the venue. The basis for this is the understanding that if the toilets of a venue are clean, then so are their kitchens.
The site will feature a shot of the venues toilet and the chance for anyone to search for a prospective venue.'

It is not just restaurants/hotels, but all venues, however the emphasis will be on places where you can eat.

Anyway... thank you all for the positivity and I will now go and find a (****)stone to climb under... lets hope they keep their toilets clean.

Personally, though I do appreciate an establishment that takes care of its toilets and where they are clean and fresh smelling, I certainly don't go out of my way to investigate the establishments toilet prior to making a booking, or when I wish to simply turn up and eat. I can see where you are coming from here though, and if I were to spot your site, see a restaurant I intended dining at on the site - and saw that the toilets were rancid/minging, then Id probably change my mind and not eat there.

However, if I go out to dinner, with the family, alone, or on business, I don't always use the toilet - but I do always eat there. The food should speak louder than the toilet in my opinion.

However, I wish you well in your endeavours, but I suspect that taking pictures in toilets - public or private - would get you into some sticky situations.

er is there really a link between toilets and kitchen hygine, cos if thats the case im never eating at the work canteen again;)

Also toilets are somewhere the public thus there must be the image of cleanliness but no public in the kitchen so who cares right??

:D Brilliant idea, sorry guys, if its genuine it great!!

Ok, call me anal [lousy joke] but I have long since been an advocate of the fact that if an establishments lavatorial facilities are good and clean, then there is a far greater chance that the kitchens, bar, etc are also clean and good.

However, even as a female, I would be somewhat reluctant to use my camera in the loo...although I have walked into plenty with it slung round my neck ;) .... mind you... I did take a picture of some loos in germany earlier this year, but I was alone, and it was because they were in a normal, highstreet bar/eaterie but the lavs had been designed by an alledgedly weel known german interior designer, and they were quite....errr...different :nuts:

Catflea - if this is a genuine project, I wish you all the very best with it!! (y)

Thank you LadyLens... the site is genuine and I am trying to push it forward quicker...

It might be online by Thursday so you can all see it is not a joke, but a serious site with a twist of humour.

Maybe my mistake was asking for images before it was published. I will post a link when it goes live.

Come on guys ..... give Catflea a break.

They have come up with a 'new' idea and are basically asking us (if we wish) to help. No one needs to if they don't want to!!!

Personally, I too can see the problems of taking your camera into the netty with you, BUT, this is the type of whack website that will more than likely become mega popular, feature on TV and radio and then make the founder very famous and very rich!!!

For that reason, I'd like to declare my support right now ;)

Anth.

PS - if it's any consolation, a few years ago the Britons Protection pub in Manchester had their bogs done out - they were cracking with some lovely copper piping. But then one of the urinals fell off the wall and it was never the same after that!!!!

PPS - the above should read 'whackY' . Whack websites about toilets could be misconstrued very easily by you lot ;)

Anth

I must spell out a common misconception that I might have inadvertantly wrongly declared... if indeed that sentence is at all english.

The site will feature images of the basic toilet in venues... however, the gallery is seperate from the images of venues toilets.

When I originally posted I was offering the chance for creative photography, not just of the inside of a toilet. (That is why I didn't explain fully the concept of the site) I was thinking more of the 'misplaced toilet' ie, someone sat on one in the middle of the street. A toilet photoshopped onto a brides head marrying a bidet husband. Anything to do with toilets.

I am personally waiting for a local toilet company to supply me with a second hand toilet so I can go and take images for myself.

Maybe I should stop this thread and begin another with a full brief... sorry for any confusion but I also got wrapped up in the ethical side of the toilet photograph.

Hopefully site sorted out for the end of this week. Then you can all see what I am doing.

Forgot all about this, could have taken shots of the sexually discriminating toilets on Blackpool sea front. The mens toilets were free, the womens (or if you wanted a seat) were 20p! - but then after reading what you have posted that might not have fitted with what you are after.

Look forward to seeing the site :)

Toilet King has now been uploaded...

www.toiletking.co.uk

There are not many venues at the moment because the site has been launched early, however you can now see what its about and a further explanation on the gallery.

Forgot all about this, could have taken shots of the sexually discriminating toilets on Blackpool sea front. The mens toilets were free, the womens (or if you wanted a seat) were 20p! - but then after reading what you have posted that might not have fitted with what you are after.

Look forward to seeing the site :)

But they were very thoughfull, to the point of giving everyone somewhere to put their razor blades and syringes!

I felt left out because i didn't have any on me :LOL:

Must be a better class of junkie in Blackpool :thinking:

Mattyh... (I know what it is like reading forum text - so please read this in the friendly manner I mean it in)

I am a web designer with a very good track record for getting clients to the top of Google... I know what I am doing on that score... The Metatags are a small part of the SEO (Google doesn't use the metatag 'keywords' anymore anyway). The only tag really missing is the content tag, the rest google works on content...

However I have purposely left them out as I have launched it early so you lot here can see it. I will feel better about adding tags a little later down the line when I have a gallery of images for people to look at.

Then I will add the one big SEO tactic which should rocket me somewhere near the top of where I want to be...

But thank you anyway Mattyh, I am glad you like it.

OK, I'll sit down, grab the handle and flush things through - let's see if I can come clean with a new fresh opinion.

I couldn't resist either... :) good luck with the site

A toilet photoshopped onto a brides head marrying a bidet husband. Anything to do with toilets.

Now I'm wishing I'd closed it ;) :LOL:

Best of luck with it Catflea, I honestly don't get it, but best of luck all the same :)

b****y hell if my wife spots this site ill never get on the pc again, if a place has a toilet i gurantee she will use it, lol...
being a trucker i could tell you the best laybys to pee in and what the burger van is like, great to see a website with a difference

Ypu should supply people with a badge allowing us into public toilets without fear of incrimination..... or go really public :)

PICT0321.jpg

Back