Tokina 11-16mm ATX Pro F2.8 DX Autofocus Zoom Canon

Edit My Images
No
I am looking to add a wide lens to my collection. Now I am normally a Canon L lens only type of chap (I know, I know) but have been reading reviews, and all sorts, and well the Tokina seems to get some good press.

I can get this lens in UK New for £460 delivered.

I will pop it on the 7D.

Anyone got this combo? Any sample shots? Any pointers.

This would be my 1st non Canon Lens, big step you know. lol

Cheers,
Will

Hiya,
Yep I use this combo with the 7D, lovely lens and it is well built, in someways I think the construction is equal to a L lens build quality if not better e.g the 17-40 F4 L.

Anyways

sample shots of the 11-16 in action

4835674082_e6509d9222_z.jpg

4792826952_c2d496a990_z.jpg

4768811940_ba04c119c0_z.jpg

cheers,

andy

LensesForHire are in the process of getting a few in (see here, post #11), so give it a go for a week, and if you don't get on with it, it's only £40 spent!

Chris

Those shots do look lovely. In fact I am quite impressed. I might just do the hire thing as lensesforhire are based in my town :)

Cheers All

I am VERY tempted.

I've just bought one myself, despite owning a Canon 10-22. So far I'm impressed with the image quality, although I've not yet had a chance to try it out on night-sky shots (which is why I bought it). The only bad point is that it's a lot more prone to lens flare than is the 10-22.

Here's some shots from last week.

Nene.jpg

Lookingat.jpg

Landscape.jpg

Just bought 1 of these for my trusty 350d. Should arrive on Friday - can't wait :)

Had a bit o cash to spend. Was gonna put it towards a new EOSd camera but thought I'd rather have the nice lens and average camera rather than other way round. Hope it works out that way.

I can get this lens in UK New for £460 delivered....

I know it wasn't necessarily what you were asking but I recently bought a Nikon version of this lens from UK based HDEW for £360. It is a grey import but shipped from Surrey and available with a VAT invoice if important.

There is also a "version 2" of this lens being sold concurrently which, in the Canon mount, just has a different optical coating (the Nikon v.2 adds an internal motor).

Back