Tokina 11-20 f2.8

Name
Matthew
Edit My Images
No
Hi, I'm looking for an ultra wide angle for my 700d.
I used to have the 10-18mm but I have recently sold it due to the low light performance being rather poor. I was looking at the canon 10-22 but I saw the tokina and it looks to fit what I want from a lens.

Is it a sharp lens and good enough to take to norway to short the northern lights?

Thanks,

Matt Baigent

I took mine to Iceland, but didn't get any Northern lights when I was there. From my limited use, it certainly seemed fit for purpose and better than my sigma 10-20

Hi Matt, does it have to be a zoom? I had a Samyang 14mm f2.8 for my 700D and it was great. It was manual only. Great lens for the money.

Paul.

the Samyang 14mm was another option but I like that the tokina is 11mm and can have filters on it

I'm not claiming these are the best, but feel free to have a look at some of my pictures from the Tokina

https://goo.gl/photos/QqRBS8pbwGvfDFH16

Its also worth mentioning that I'd probably be shooting it on Manual Focus, and if you feel brave I put it on a FF body and you do get a circular fisheye @ 11mm

Hi Matt was my primary lens for the past year, you can see the images it can produce on my flickr feed (link below) - I found it to be a cracking lens, and with the added benefit of filters and multi use.
For low light / Astro

Dark Skies
by Geoff Moore, on Flickr

Last edited:
I'm sold, will just have to get the funds. I have found it online in certain places at £350ish but they're all shipping from Hong Kong and I really don't trust it. £499 from Jessops but at least I can always walk into a shop if I have an issue.

Back