Tolu & Mike - Wedding

Name
Richard
Edit My Images
Yes
Well Saturday marked my most enjoyable yet - the venue, a 17th century monastery in Manchester - what a place - it is an absolutely stunning venue. The ceremony was beautiful, a mixture of two cultures, English and Nigerian coming together under the Christian religion. After the first dance the couple then got changed into traditional Nigerian dress and joined the already large number of guests who were dressed like this on the dance floor for an African inspired dance routine - it had everything and I really hope that I have managed to do the couple, ceremony and venue justice.

A special mention must go out to Paul (AKA HCK) who second shot with me on this wedding - I thoroughly enjoyed working with him and I felt like it was like having two 1st shooters rather than a 1st and a 2nd - he has done an amazing job and I am sure he'll post some of his photos up too. Thanks Paul :)

Last edited:
All I can say is wow, you did superb! Stunning images.

Thanks for letting me 2nd shoot for you, I had a great time and I think we had a few chuckles along the way

Overall a great day, working with Richard was a breeze, he is chilled and down to earth.

As commented earlier on HCK's thread, super set and you should both be proud. #3 is brill as Simon has pointed out.

These are all fantastic! But I really loved the bride's veil blowing in the wind.

A lovely set of pictures at what looks like a superb venue. Just a comment about #2 which shows a photographer on the right, not exactly dressed for the occasion. The camera sticking out of the best mans head is a bit off-putting. Perhaps a bit of cloning out camera and tripod leg. Please take this as constructive crit not to detract from a brilliant shot.

Love these Richard.

The wide angle interior shots are superb - you've really made great use of the wonderful venue.

The posed bride and groom shots work well. Why can't all brides wear veils like that!?

A couple of other critiques which may hep....

#4 - looks like the bride was lookng at a different camera.
#11 - the flash is a little too harsh imho. I think a bigger spread of the light might have improved it. The natural light image works better here I think.

Overall a great set of wedding pictures which any couple would be delighted with. (y)

All I can say is wow, you did superb! Stunning images.

Thanks for letting me 2nd shoot for you, I had a great time and I think we had a few chuckles along the way

Overall a great day, working with Richard was a breeze, he is chilled and down to earth.

Thanks Paul - had a great time and look forward to the next one!

Nice set Richard - #3 is the winner :)

Thanks Simon - I wish I'd moved them both away from the brick column - one to remember for next time!

As commented earlier on HCK's thread, super set and you should both be proud. #3 is brill as Simon has pointed out.

Thanks Tiler - it was a great day

These are all fantastic! But I really loved the bride's veil blowing in the wind.

Thanks - my first time with a bride with a nice big veil!

A lovely set of pictures at what looks like a superb venue. Just a comment about #2 which shows a photographer on the right, not exactly dressed for the occasion. The camera sticking out of the best mans head is a bit off-putting. Perhaps a bit of cloning out camera and tripod leg. Please take this as constructive crit not to detract from a brilliant shot.

Always taken as constructive crit thanks fazer - much appreciated - the camera man will be disappearing for the final edit!

Love these Richard.

The wide angle interior shots are superb - you've really made great use of the wonderful venue.

The posed bride and groom shots work well. Why can't all brides wear veils like that!?

A couple of other critiques which may hep....

#4 - looks like the bride was lookng at a different camera.
#11 - the flash is a little too harsh imho. I think a bigger spread of the light might have improved it. The natural light image works better here I think.

Overall a great set of wedding pictures which any couple would be delighted with. (y)

Thanks Ryan.

I know what you mean about 4, it was the first thing I checked and she is actually looking at the camera - but her body position would suggest otherwise!

11 was a play with my pocket wizards - I actually think with some more processing it can work better than 10 because of the nice delicate detail of the window at high level which is blown on 10!!!! I am still in my infancy when it comes to getting to grips with OCF :)

I had a play around with the processing on 11 - is this any better?

4497611869_a3aa6ef00e_o.jpg

I think its an improvement on the original, adds a bit more mood to the image imo

great range of photos, like some of the other comments I think #3 is my favorite. The shots look very pro from only your 5th wedding.

Back