Tom Tom paired with bluetooth phone

Name
Janice
Edit My Images
Yes
Have any of you got a TomTom 510/710 which you use with a bluetooth phone (mine is a Samsung D900)
I have paired the two devices and all works perfectly...its just that whenever I walk away from the TOMTOM with the phone and then walk back it asks me if I want to pair again and I have to enter the password 0000 each time.
I can understand it the first time but surely after it recognizes the device it should do it automatically,,,,or even require just a yes/no.

I have been thru the bluetooth settings on the phone...thought it may be a security setting but i have security to off so I thought that would make it not ask.

Any ideas??

I use this Tom Tom and it pairs with my phone and I have to repair when I move away and return with my phone but I don't have to put in the security code, you can disable this effect and select 'always pair without asking' on my phone, I found this out last night when I was fiddling with the pairing with my laptop so I guess you can do the same with Tommy...I have a Nokia phone, I don't know about your phone though :)

Thanks Marianne. Now I remember where Id seen that option....it was on my old Nokia!! :shrug:
Oh well it works so well when it is paired, great for long distances, that i wont worry about the password thing. Can't have EVERYTHING working perfectly......we ARE talking technology after all! :LOL:

Mine works OK with my TT-700 and Sony-Eriksson combo... had to pair it about three times to start with but after the software update for the TomTom was installed, it's been fine.

Mine works OK with my TT-700 and Sony-Eriksson combo... had to pair it about three times to start with but after the software update for the TomTom was installed, it's been fine.

It actually works perfectlly....just bugs me that I have to type in 0000 when I get back near the TOMTOM.

Um... not sure about this tomtom lark, but, I have a bluetooth headset and a motorola L7. I have to put the headset in 'pairing' mode so that other devices can see it. Once I've paired it, and turned pairing mode off, it just connects when both devices are on.

My TomTom 500 seems happy enough with the 5 phones it knows about and doesn't ask to re-pair with any of them.
I suspect it's the phone not storing the pairing - perhaps try someone elses phone?
Also, try doing a software upgrade on the tomtom - they're fixing and upgrading alot of features all the time.

My TomTom 500 seems happy enough with the 5 phones it knows about and doesn't ask to re-pair with any of them.
I suspect it's the phone not storing the pairing - perhaps try someone elses phone?
Also, try doing a software upgrade on the tomtom - they're fixing and upgrading alot of features all the time.

Yes I think it is probably the Samsung phone tbh....as my previous Nokia had an option to not aske each time.

Thanks everyone.

I have the Samsung E900 and one of the Bluetooth settings on the phone is 'Authorize This Device' which means I don't have to enter the password at all.

See if you have this option for your Tomtom when you select it in 'My Devices' on your phone.

Speaking of GPS stuff, anyone do GPS caching? apparentely there's a cache 1.3 miles from where I live. :D I'm gonna start.

Samsung are just about the worst brand of mobile phones with regard to bluetooth connectivity in my experience.

If you think your having a bad time with tom tom......you should try getting them to talk to some bluetooth car kits :eek:

I have the Samsung E900 and one of the Bluetooth settings on the phone is 'Authorize This Device' which means I don't have to enter the password at all.

See if you have this option for your Tomtom when you select it in 'My Devices' on your phone.

It says the device is authorized already. :|

It says the device is authorized already. :|

Hmmm.

Weird. My Samsung stays paired with quite a few devices - no probs. If I go out of range with my Plantronics handsfree earpiece, it automatically reconnects when I'm back within range - same with a set of stereo Bluetooth headphones I have.

I've not actually paired the phone with my Tomtom One - can't see the point, but I'll have a play and come back to you Janice if there's anything to report.

Hmmm.

Weird. My Samsung stays paired with quite a few devices - no probs. If I go out of range with my Plantronics handsfree earpiece, it automatically reconnects when I'm back within range - same with a set of stereo Bluetooth headphones I have.

I've not actually paired the phone with my Tomtom One - can't see the point, but I'll have a play and come back to you Janice if there's anything to report.

The Samsung pairs with a Jabra headset ok without asking....just to throw a spanner in the works!!!

My TomTom one has paired with my XDA mini-S phone but every time I leave / comeback into the car I've got to switch off/on bluetooth on the TomTom to get traffic working again. AND I've got to press my headset twice to get it to work when the TomTom is near the phone.

I've worked on Bluetooth , it's held together with snot & glue , low quality snot as well :(

should have been called greentooth ;)

The other strange thing is that the TOMTOM is a 510 but when it pairs with the phone it says on the phone TOM TOM 710! :wacky:

Back