Karin
Edit My Images
Yes
IMG_8259.jpg

IMG_8247.jpg

IMG_8487-Edit.jpg

Thanks for looking :D

Karin

First 2 look a little overexposed to me Karin. Really like the last one. Nicely exposed and great detail and colour (y)
I thought it was bread at first :bonk: :LOL:

Mouth is watering already :) I hope we get to see the finished product spread thickly on toast :)

Nice trio of shots! #2 for me - Juicy :)

The first is nicely lit for most of the frame but I'm not keen on the last quarter nearest to the left edge. I think a slight crop would really make the most of this one. And while the subject matter is a little odd on its own, taken into context as part of a series it works really nicely. Lovely textures and colours on the fruit and nicely lit. Perhaps a slight anti-clockwise rotation and then a crop would make the most of this.

Not so keen on this one. Very keen on the area towards the bottom-middle of the frame as that's really packing some detail and looks great. And while I really like the colour in the rest of the fruit those reflections don't really flatter it. There's something about them that looks slightly wrong and I don't find the orange as appetising as in the first one.

This definitely needs a crop to get rid of the chunk of rind in the bottom left and the area of background in the top right. And it drastically needs a once-over in post-processing to get the right white balance as it's making the edges of the rind look slightly blue which makes me think of mould. A quick tweak is all that's needed though to make this really work. Easily my favourite of the three.

So are you actually bottling this stuff up? And are we going to see the obligatory big slab of buttered toast with a thick layer of marmalade spread over it? Hope so because I'd love to see it.

First 2 look a little overexposed to me Karin. Really like the last one. Nicely exposed and great detail and colour (y)
I thought it was bread at first :bonk: :LOL:

Thanks Maureen, I had a look at the histograms for 1 and 2 and they look OK.
I'm pleased with #3 as well.

Mouth is watering already :) I hope we get to see the finished product spread thickly on toast :)

Nice trio of shots! #2 for me - Juicy :)

Thanks John,if there's any that won't fit in the 4 jars I have left then yes,there wil be. It's cooking as I type and the smell is fantastic!!

The first is nicely lit for most of the frame but I'm not keen on the last quarter nearest to the left edge. I think a slight crop would really make the most of this one. And while the subject matter is a little odd on its own, taken into context as part of a series it works really nicely. Lovely textures and colours on the fruit and nicely lit. Perhaps a slight anti-clockwise rotation and then a crop would make the most of this.

Not so keen on this one. Very keen on the area towards the bottom-middle of the frame as that's really packing some detail and looks great. And while I really like the colour in the rest of the fruit those reflections don't really flatter it. There's something about them that looks slightly wrong and I don't find the orange as appetising as in the first one.

This definitely needs a crop to get rid of the chunk of rind in the bottom left and the area of background in the top right. And it drastically needs a once-over in post-processing to get the right white balance as it's making the edges of the rind look slightly blue which makes me think of mould. A quick tweak is all that's needed though to make this really work. Easily my favourite of the three.

So are you actually bottling this stuff up? And are we going to see the obligatory big slab of buttered toast with a thick layer of marmalade spread over it? Hope so because I'd love to see it.

Thanks Glitch for such a detailed look (y) The marmalade should be ready to put into jars in about 20 minutes but I'll probably wait until it cools down before taking any more pictures...but yes,I expect there'll be a shot of it in it's rightful place:D

Back