Tonight's moon

Edit My Images
Yes
Hi folks,
I dug out my old tripod and decided to have a go at the moon, I have seen a few others photos of this and thought i would give it a go. I used a nikon D40X and a 70 - 300 VR lens, plus i bought a remote and used my old tripod.

Any tips wood be most welcome, but from my second go all i will say is i probably won't be using my old cheap telescope any more ;)

DSC_0355c.jpg

Unless I'm reading the exif wrong, I think it reads a shutter speed of 1/30. That will explain the slight blur in the image.

I think thats too slow and you need something at least 1/100 to get a sharper image. I think its very good but I'm sure you can do much better paying a little more attention to the shutter speed.

Unless I'm reading the exif wrong, I think it reads a shutter speed of 1/30. That will explain the slight blur in the image.

I think thats too slow and you need something at least 1/100 to get a sharper image. I think its very good but I'm sure you can do much better paying a little more attention to the shutter speed.
I have put a few other photos into my gallery which i have experimented with different settings. Shame the weather has conspired against me tonight, i wanted to try again.

Back