Too cute, Marwell Cub overload

Gremlin

Houdini
Name
Ingrid
Edit My Images
No
It was hot, sun was shining, but decided Marwell Cubs were irresistable
Tiger Triplets and Twin Leopards (only heard about them a couple of days before we
planned to go ), harsh light but ......................
Spent the whole day watching them apart from a short coffee break

Love you mummy

29692842225_2a09e460e1_b.jpg

High 5

29692842315_a08a2c68dd_b.jpg

Plotting ?

29692841695_b73e37f02d_b.jpg

In the spotlight

29692842525_0249cbf234_b.jpg

Sibling Rivalry

29066456644_4722fd38b7_b.jpg

Early training for the ultimate shot

29611837541_c74f49988b_b.jpg

Nice set Ingrid, that first one is brilliant, well captured (y)
(Did I say that out loud? :p )

Nice set Ingrid, that first one is brilliant, well captured (y)

Awww thanks, conditions were a nightmare, taken through the wire fence, overgrown with some climbing plant, in bright sunlight,
so I was well chuffed to get anything, and that cub spent a lot of time with mum while the other 2 stayed together.
Lady next to me with the same set up as you 7D2 and 70/200 lens was really struggling,, it really needed the extra reach of my 80/400 and my friends 200/500 (nikon too :D )
to get through it

Glass in the leopard bit wasn't quite as bad, I've bought a rubber screw in lens hood and that seemed to help

(Did I say that out loud? :p )

Heat must be getting to you, suggest you go a lie down in a cold bath :p

Last edited:
Awesome set Ingrid! Really made me smile as well as appreciating the great photography! :)

Awesome set Ingrid! Really made me smile as well as appreciating the great photography! :)

Thanks Maria, well worth the visit, I was abit disappointed with the results but too cute not to share :love:

You did well as the enclosures have various challenging obstructions (y)

Thanks Nick, the tigers were on the mound under the trees, nice background but a total nightmare :(
Leopard cubs stayed at the back but were out most of the day, reflections were a pain, but just pleased to see them :love:

Leopard cubs stayed at the back but were out most of the day, reflections were a pain, but just pleased to see them :love:
Is the rubber hood much of a hassle? I occasionally see people use them, but don't fancy it for a bigger lens.

Is the rubber hood much of a hassle? I occasionally see people use them, but don't fancy it for a bigger lens.

I didn't find it was, and you can easily angle the lens on glass.
I did worry a bit about the lack of protection compared to the solid hood, but just had to be a bit
more careful the usual, the benefits of losing the normal bright coloured reflections made it well worth it (y)

Gorgeous set Ingrid, really lovely.
That first one has 100% awww factor!

Gorgeous set Ingrid, really lovely.
That first one has 100% awww factor!

I thought so too, will defo go back again sometime soon
Thanks Ruth

Lovely set - and that first one is awesome! I reckon you're right re needing the reach, I was struggling with my 70-300.

Lovely set - and that first one is awesome! I reckon you're right re needing the reach, I was struggling with my 70-300.

Being a bright sunny day didn't help with the wire and leaves, I struggled with it but managed to find a good spot to shoot through:)

Thanks Fi

The first one is just awesome

One of my favs of the day too, got a similar of the leopard cub with mum but awful background:(

BTW the rubber hood wasn't like those in Nick's hyperlink :eek:

Last edited:
Last time I visited the zoo and used a rubber hood I got featured on Mumsnet! (And a couple of their phone numbers...)

Lovely set BTW, Ingrid - but they always are. Now the schools are back, we might venture down to DZP and/or Paignton Zoo.

Appatrently Marwell was crowded during the holidays, that's why we waited
Thanks Nod

Back