Beginner too many lens i have no use for

Name
peter
Edit My Images
Yes
ok as i was new to it all i have ended up with through deals etc. a few lenses and other bits i have no real use for
i think i would be best getting rid of all the excess stuff and getting something more useable/appropriate for me

my query is what am i better doing with the lenses and other bits ebaying them selling on here or sending all to mpb ?

What system are the lenses from, Nikon, Canon, Pentax? and what are the bits and pieces? Depending on what you have, you'll probably get a better deal selling them here.

I've recently upgraded and sold mine to mpb, I did consider eBay but to be honest I couldn't be bothered with listing, chasing payments then packaging and posting, there's also the eBay and PayPal fees to consider.
I did 'watch' a few items the same as mine and sometimes they didn't sell and if they did they didn't always match mpb's offer.

I did have to push mpb though, they received my equipment 10 days ago and said I'd hear within 5 days but I didn't so I rang this morning and was promised a call back 10 minutes later which never came so after 2 hours I called and complained, to be fair they did sort it and the money was in my bank within a couple of hours.

MPB is pretty good, I have had a few deals with them, PX my unwanted kit for other items, always been Canon or Nikon though.

sorry for slow reply been on the phone

my stuff is Nikon
the stuiff i have and dont think i need is as follows
Tamron 70-300 f4-5.6 DI LD macro with box etc. has a cheap uv filter on it
Nikon 18-70 F3.5-4.5G ED with cloth bag has a B+W uv filter on it
Nikon 18-55 F3.5-5.6G vr
2 Nikon 50mm F1.8D with boxes and cheap neewer uv filters on
kenko dg extension tube set with box etc
a rubber 52mm screw on hood and a screw on petal hood both fit the 50mm 1.8
a HB-34 petal hood not a clue what it fits
a tiffen 55mm circular polarizer not sure what that fits
a neewer 52mm variable ND
a 62mm cheapo variable ND
a couple of kenro pop out reflector things approx 12inch round with zips and reversible etc.

Do you have access to the classified forums here? Why not work out prices mpb will give you, then list them here which will give other members opportunity to get a bargain (albeit with no guarantee). You get a decent return and people get a good price ... everyone wins.

If it doesn't sell in a week or two then send to mpb, or look for something you want and trade in at your local camera shop.

Do you have access to the classified forums here? Why not work out prices mpb will give you, then list them here which will give other members opportunity to get a bargain (albeit with no guarantee). You get a decent return and people get a good price ... everyone wins.

If it doesn't sell in a week or two then send to mpb, or look for something you want and trade in at your local camera shop.

yes i have sales access
i have sent to mpb for a quote :)

Last edited:
I always try gumtree first it's very easy and none of the hassles of eBay and posting.

Back