Too Minimal...?

For me yes :shrug: its got bonny colours but maybe should have one point of attention;)

not really a lot going on there, is there.........

All it needs is one wonky bit of wood or something coming out of the sea...........

yet i like it, and could easily see it on the wall of a corporate reception.

Abstract indeed, I myself haven't ventured down this route yet, still learning the basics, it is refreshing to see this type of work carried out without the usual wooden breakers etc for me this works well very simple but very effective and dont ask me why ? enjoyed it :)

kevin (y)

Last edited:
yet i like it, and could easily see it on the wall of a corporate reception.

This is it for me, I took it ages ago on a whim and never really did anything with it. Not entirely sure, I like the colours, but it is a bit marmite and I am sitting on the fence.

Abstract indeed, I myself haven't ventured down this route yet, still learning the basics, it is refreshing to see this type of work carried out without the usual wooden breakers etc for me this works well very simple but very effective and dont ask me why ? enjoyed it :)

kevin (y)

Cheers (y)

Really like these kind of abstract shot. It's a great mood picture and would work well as large print on the wall.

If it did have the cliche piece of wood, it would just look boring and predictable.

Interesting ...I do like it a lot....and this is one I really think would benefit from adhering to that old rule of thirds...Like to have seen the horizon further down the frame :)

Very nice though - I can see this large and mounted on canvas on Lynton's corporate wall :)

I like it. It grows on you. There's a bit of posterisation on the left, but hopefully not in the original.
I agree about the rock/branch being a cliché. If anything, a ripple from a small pebble might have given a bit of a focus, but that's academic.

Thanks all

Interesting ...I do like it a lot....and this is one I really think would benefit from adhering to that old rule of thirds...Like to have seen the horizon further down the frame :)

Very nice though - I can see this large and mounted on canvas on Lynton's corporate wall :)

Thanks - I personally think rule of thirds may not work for this, as I wanted to create a symmetry between the sky & sea reflections. I will give it a go with the thirds though :)

It is kind of hypnotic. There is nothing to focus on so you look everywhere. There's enough variation in tone etc to be interesting. The solitary stick etc is a cliche and has been done to death so this is better for not having it.

Works for me. Would make a great massive wall picture. Would calm everyone down (y)

funny you should say that. got asked today if one of mine could be on our large corporate wall..... "of course"

I really like this, very calming and it would look good on a bedroom wall.

I like it! A small rowing or fishing boat would have been perfect, very far back in the horizon.

I can see how its got a Corporate office calling, its very non-offending!

Back