Top Gear - New Series!!

Name
Damien
Edit My Images
Yes
Just a heads-up for fans of the show.....it's on tonight, BBC2 + HD, 8pm.

Pinched from the BBC website:

"Series 20, Episode 1:

The motoring magazine returns with the action kicking off in New Zealand, as Jeremy Clarkson and James May race a car against a boat in a nail-biting battle up the beautiful coastline to the very tip of the North Island. The boat is a state-of-the-art America's Cup yacht, while the car is of a type many are familiar with yet have never before seen on Top Gear.

Meanwhile, back in the UK, Richard Hammond attempts to find a hot hatch hero from a trio of newcomers, the Renaultsport Clio 200, Peugeot 208 GTI and Ford Fiesta ST, and a cavalcade of top stars assemble at the track to welcome a brand new Reasonably Priced Car."

Yup me too. Set to record. Looking forward to it.

Anyone know when this is repeated? Forgot about it and just flicked over and saw the last few secs.

Balls, I forgot too.

Will be on the iplayer soon enough, but means sitting in my damn office to watch it :(

Here's a little snippet of fact, the person who did the light painting graphics around the three hatchbacks at the beginning part of this week's episode was done by Michael Bosanko. He does a lot of light painting stuff for the media (the Talk Talk advert a couple of years ago as well as for Channel 4) and he is included in my facebook friends list.

Anyone else notice when James walked up to the flag on the beach there were footprints all around the the flag, then when Jeremy walked up with James still lying at the base of the flag, all footprints were gone and the sand was smooth? Continuity check! :)

Also the race supposedly started at 7.11 but Clarksons watch showed 7.30.

It's all a bit too staged these days which is a shame.
They must try harder with the continuity before trying to convince us that the races are actually real!
Still enjoy watching though.

It was good to see some footage of Perthshire on tonight's show.

I didn't even bother to finish watching it tonight, I switched off after that stupid taxi race. They must be running out of ideas as now most features of the show are totally pointless, and just we to staged!
You don't really get any worthwhile car information from top gear anymore, maybe just pointless things like you can crash through a limo with an American taxi.

Hate the damn programme and those pretentious so and so's that present it Clarkson and Hammond especially. Never watch it:nono:

You don't really get any worthwhile car information from top gear anymore, maybe just pointless things like you can crash through a limo with an American taxi.

Last weeks hot hatch shootout was definitely car info.
No way I'd have bet them picking the slower Ford.
However, as a generalisation, you have a valid point :)

Hate the damn programme and those pretentious so and so's that present it Clarkson and Hammond especially. Never watch it:nono:

But more than happy to talk about stuff you haven't watched :bang:

It's entertainment, and a darned sight better than a lot of the shows out there at the moment.
But I will agree that the UK format is getting a bit long in the tooth and could do with a refresh. Once the American Top Gear team got settled in it produced some cracking telly shows.

So why open a thread titled top gear new series and take the time to post in it

I've watched it since it first started , I do still enjoy it but have to admit the format is getting tired now

The highlight of the entire series was the Top Gear Space Shuttle , fantastic television

I just watch it for what it is these days - a bit of fun.

Of course I've seen it and I don't like it and won't watch it again. Am I not allowed to have an opinion on it because it differs from others? Everybody's tastes are different and I happen not to like this show. If I choose to comment on something whether I like it or it goes against the grain I will. Is this not a Forum??

Last edited:
I didn't even bother to finish watching it tonight, I switched off after that stupid taxi race.

That's a pity then as you missed a good piece on the latest Ferrari being driven around the mountains of Hertfordshire. :)

Last weeks hot hatch shootout was definitely car info.
No way I'd have bet them picking the slower Ford.

Shame they never included the Mountune 200PS version of the Fiesta ST as well to see how that compared. (Fairly sure the upgrade is available through some Ford dealers as it is on the Focus) Even with the cost of the upgrade, it's still cheaper than the other two cars in the test. For some strange reason America gets the 200PS engine as standard.

Give up with TG after the last series....3 blokes doing stupid things around the world. Used to enjoy Star in Car but even thats getting a bit long in the tooth now..:thumbsdown:

I'm getting bored by Top Gear now! Just like 'Shameless', which I gave up on and 'Stella', which improved, I'm going to watch the next couple and then decide whether I ever bother again.

As for 'Rush', I was dead interested until I saw those preview clips! :bang:

I'm getting bored by Top Gear now! Just like 'Shameless', which I gave up on and 'Stella', which improved, I'm going to watch the next couple and then decide whether I ever bother again.

As for 'Rush', I was dead interested until I saw those preview clips! :bang:

Me too with Rush. Looked like typical Hollywood pap to me.

Top gear
Last of the summer wine with cars

I love Top Gear. Can't stand it when I hear the old "it's not about cars anymore".

It's an entertainment show about cars. And it's by far the most entertaining thing on TV IMO.

Do the moaners really want Chris Goffey and his pull overs back??!

Why? In that era they used to get airborne...especially around the Nurburging iirc

Exactly, people forget it wasn't all about downforce, quite the opposite almost!

I love Top Gear. Can't stand it when I hear the old "it's not about cars anymore".

It's an entertainment show about cars. And it's by far the most entertaining thing on TV IMO.

Do the moaners really want Chris Goffey and his pull overs back??!

Last night's was supposed to be entertaining? I suppose a pair of overpriced taxis being thrashed around their track was -for a moment or 2, as was the Hugh Jackman interview but the trannycraft? Waste of license fee and probably incredibly annoying for all the other waterway users (can't believe that none of the sinkings caused any pollution either.)

Bring back Goffey and even the antikreist Nolly Edmonds!

Last night's was supposed to be entertaining? I suppose a pair of overpriced taxis being thrashed around their track was -for a moment or 2, as was the Hugh Jackman interview but the trannycraft? Waste of license fee and probably incredibly annoying for all the other waterway users (can't believe that none of the sinkings caused any pollution either.)

Bring back Goffey and even the antikreist Nolly Edmonds!

Drool.

Never had you down as a Nolly E fan...

Back