Top loading camera bag

Edit My Images
Yes
I'm off to Silverstone in a couple of weeks for the F1 and I want a top loading camera bag as I find my lowepro backpack a bit cumbersome

I'll be taking a 7D with a 70-200 f4 and a couple of cards and filters. If I could squeeze my tamron 17-50 in there too that would be great

Any suggestions please? The lowepro top loader 75 seems to be the right size but is quite pricey

How about a Naneu c9 holster ?
I have one and it holds my gripped 7d or 5d2 with tamron 70-200VC 2.8 fitted. There's a pocket accessed from the side (sits underneath the standard camera grip) that can hold my 24-70 2.8L and a compact camera in a case. There's a pocket on the front for memory cards etc..
I have a tamrac expedition 6x, kata 3n1 pl 35 (as well as a couple of other bags - I need a clearout) and the Naneu is well made and what I often take if I'm going with a single dslr.

A kata grip 18 would also be big enough.

Last edited:
I've a lowepro Nova shoulder bag - they do a couple of different sizes...

Very pleased with mine and it's a top loading bag (also comes with an all weather waterproof cover if required)

I've had a Lowepro classified 160 for a few years. This is perfect for holding a body and two lenses, plus a few bits. I can even squeeze a lightweight rain coat in the front pocket if needed.
I only ever use top loaders, and for me this bag is the best I've ever used.
These days it holds a body, mostly my 5DMKIII (and in the past a 30D, 40D and 60D) with a lens attached, and I can get one or two smaller lenses in it. It will hold the camera with any of my lenses attached, although I have to reverse the hood of the 70-200 f/4 to fit it in. All other lenses can have the hoods on.
Other bags I've got are a Tamcra V9 (I think it's called something else these days, probably what has already been suggested). I also have two Up-rise bags. These are great bags, and the insides come out to allow the bag to be used as a satchel type of bag without all the camera padding.

Back