Top three worst cameras you have ever bought

Canon 50D..... Just goes to prove you couldn't go cheaper and expect better, noise noise and more noise

Funny you say that, I had a 40D, and a 50D. Ended up selling the 50D as it was no better than the 40D, and worth more, and invested in a 7D Mk1 which was new at the time.

Canon 50D..... Just goes to prove you couldn't go cheaper and expect better, noise noise and more noise

I've heard a few people say that over the years but I had some fantastic results with a 50D.

In the digital world I've only had one bad camera and that the was the Canon 1000D.
The auto ISO system was beyond a joke, even on a bright sunny day it would ramp up the ISO and give a bucket load of noise.

1. Minolta Dimage D7 - Reputedly the world's first 5mp consumer camera which, in favourable conditions could deliver some very nice looking photos, even by today's standards (as long as you bear in mind the limitations of 5mp and don't zoom in and pixel peep too much), but on a cloudy day... meh!

There were also colour space issues - Minolta used their own slightly different colour space - and ISTR they were not too forthcoming about it either.

D610 - couldn't get on with it. Lousy AF around with points just around the center- very hit and miss in low light, no live view histogram preview etc cheap build (for the price) and I didn't think it was good value for money compared to the 36mp bodies. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad camera but for the money I paid it didn't stack up well and I wouldn't have another.

D610 - couldn't get on with it. Lousy AF around with points just around the center- very hit and miss in low light, no live view histogram preview etc cheap build (for the price) and I didn't think it was good value for money compared to the 36mp bodies. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad camera but for the money I paid it didn't stack up well and I wouldn't have another.

Being a D610 owner, I like the image quality, but absolutely agree with every word here - build quality equivalent to an entry-level Sony (I have an alpha 58).

Being a D610 owner, I like the image quality, but absolutely agree with every word here - build quality equivalent to an entry-level Sony (I have an alpha 58).

Wait until you try the d800 or d810. For not that much more outlay you get one of the best full frame cameras ever made.

I’ve had a few workshop clients turn up with d750s. They’ve got good AF but I just don’t like them in the way I didn’t like the 610.

The d850 is the one if you’re buying new.

I’ve had a few workshop clients turn up with d750s. They’ve got good AF but I just don’t like them in the way I didn’t like the 610.

The D750 has more of the things I'd like (i.e. flippy rear screen, slightly lower weight) but I won't be replacing this for at least a couple of years. Decent AF would also be nice, but I use manual lenses quite a bit, so is less important for me than for many.

The D750 has more of the things I'd like (i.e. flippy rear screen, slightly lower weight) but I won't be replacing this for at least a couple of years. Decent AF would also be nice, but I use manual lenses quite a bit, so is less important for me than for many.

Find the extra money for the d850 - that’s the one to get at the moment

Loved and hated my Nikon V1 [RIP...]. great images, fast enough AF, awesome with the FT1 and 300/4... but a terrible control set that seemed designed for non-photographers.
Wasn't a fan of the Sigma DP1, just never got on.
Canon SX40 or whatever it was, excellent zoom but 1/20 images nailed focus at a useable ISO. Still have a soft spot for ultra zooms [I have a P900 purely and only ever used at 2000mm like a spotting scope] but couldn't get on with the Canon.

Still, on Flickr there's plenty of evidence that I'm the worst bit of all the equipment I've ever owned..

I bought an Agilux Agifold once. Crappy British engineering at its worst. The designers really should have looked at a foreign camera first - any foreign camera, as they are all better. I have liked all the other cameras I have bought (150 and counting).

Back